• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ozark on Netflix
3 3

124 posts in this topic

On 5/1/2022 at 2:11 AM, Beige said:

Banshee used to do that too, with different photo /pics in the opening credits.

Great show Banshee - Anthony Starr was great, but Hoon Lee and Odette Annable turned Banshee into something special.

Great show - hope they do a follow-up as the ending gave them scope to do just that.

The best of Job (Hoon Lee) from Season 1 of Banshee

NSFW!!

Banshee is up there as one of my favourite TV shows ever, it pulled no punches and was just gripping from start to finish. I hated Anthony Starr in The Boys and loved him in Banshee, just shows what a great actor he is. But yeah Hoon Lee stole Banshee, absolutely first class.

I've watched the first three episodes of Season 4 Part 2 so far.  I'll try to stay out of this thread for the next couple of days, as to not risk spoilers.

On 5/1/2022 at 4:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

Agreed. That is not the way I would have liked to see that ending. But pretty much everything else was incredible.

Just finished the last episode. The ending was…not terribly satisfying but I’m fine with it. The body of work on this show was tremendous from start to (almost) finish. 

On 5/2/2022 at 8:42 PM, bentbryan said:

Just finished the last episode. The ending was…not terribly satisfying but I’m fine with it. The body of work on this show was tremendous from start to (almost) finish. 

There's been far worse endings (Dexter, Lost) so I was fine with this too. All the loose ends I cared about were wrapped up ok. 

Gotta say, if I looked up "meh" in the dictionary, it would probably direct me to the last episode of Ozark.

Underwhelmed to say the least.

A shame, as the show was once great.

I enjoyed the final season. Even the ending worked for me. When you analyze that final "shot" and look at how it all lead to moment, it makes sense. But that final moment represents is very depressing and disheartening: family before EVERYTHING.

Edited by Rodey

On 5/3/2022 at 2:53 AM, Beige said:

if I looked up "meh" in the dictionary, it would probably direct me to the last episode of Ozark.Underwhelmed to say the least. A shame, as the show was once great.

Best final episode I have seen since Covid is 'Banshee' that is emotional and ties together loose ends of the criminals. Will stream last half of Ozark season 4 after I get back from another out of town convention.

Netflix needs to ditch releasing these seasons all at once. Yes it is nice to binge it but there’s something to be said for a drip-feed where you get to look forward to an episode each week.  

On 5/3/2022 at 12:24 PM, bentbryan said:

Netflix needs to ditch releasing these seasons all at once. Yes it is nice to binge it but there’s something to be said for a drip-feed where you get to look forward to an episode each week.  

I binged Daredevil when I first got Netflix but by then either all 3 seasons were out or 2 of them were so I had a lot to go thru.

But nowadays I like spreading them out among all the shows I watch. Gives me time to absorb them, listen to podcasts on the episode etc before moving on to the next one

Plus some shows I watch with the Mrs who's def not into binging.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:53 AM, Beige said:

Gotta say, if I looked up "meh" in the dictionary, it would probably direct me to the last episode of Ozark.

Underwhelmed to say the least.

A shame, as the show was once great.

I hate when shows dumb the characters down, make them do dumb things out of character so the plot can move.  
Last 20 min of the show killed the last season for me.  

Just finished and let's be honest, initial reaction to most final episodes is less than full satisfaction. Just nature of spending years watching something and then it's over. 

Thought this was good, tied up things and did leave a little for interpretation but overall a good series. 

On 5/2/2022 at 8:05 PM, William-James88 said:

There's been far worse endings (Dexter, Lost) so I was fine with this too. All the loose ends I cared about were wrapped up ok. 

Agree with Dexter. That left such a sour taste, I couldn't even watch the new season. I still think a lot of people misinterpreted the ending of Lost. They stuck the landing for me. I've watched the series about 4 times through now. 

On 5/6/2022 at 5:15 PM, I like pie said:

Agree with Dexter. That left such a sour taste, I couldn't even watch the new season. I still think a lot of people misinterpreted the ending of Lost. They stuck the landing for me. I've watched the series about 4 times through now. 

What's the correct interpretation?

On 5/6/2022 at 5:24 PM, William-James88 said:

What's the correct interpretation?

Most of the negative feedback I've seen, was that some thought that the whole series was supposed to be their "afterlife" or purgatory. That they died on the plane and never survived the crash. Granted, we didn't get closure on some things but I think that was the point of the title of the series. Lost.(Sorry! I didn't want to get off topic too much).

I liked the ending of Ozark. 

There are several things to consider about the characters of Ozark and you pick this up with some of the dialogue and what some may consider throwaway lines throughout the final season. 

Background

• Let's remember that these are TERRIBLE people.  Marty and Wendy are terrible people.  I have Marty may be likable but only because Wendy might be worse. They leave a path of destruction in their wake.  They ruin people's lives.  Anyone who has watched this series knows of all the examples I can offer.  I am trying to keep this spoiler free. 
  • Ask yourself if the path of destruction they leave is out of necessity or virtue of trying to rectify their wrongdoings to 'get out'.  In many instances you will find that other options were available.  This is made VERY clear to both Marty and Wendy throughout Season 4.

Ending itself

• When Marty and Wendy are taken by surprise at the end and see that their children are holding the gun at Mel Sattem, Marty and Wendy express delight and admiration on their faces.  There is a sense that their delight is both because the family is about to be saved and because Marty and Wendy see their children follow in their footsteps.  Remember that it is mentioned that Charlotte and Jonah may one day grow up to be a mini Wendy and Marty Byrde.
  • Sattem says that, "The world don't end like that." in that the bad guys don't get to win.  Wendy questions it and says, "Since when?" as we hear the of the firearm. Marty and Wendy see Jonah holding the shotgun, Sattem raises his hands in a surrender motion, Marty SLOOOOOWLY nods his head down and looks back at Sattem and the screen goes black to the sound of the firearm's discharge. 

What I got out of it

• Bad people win.  The Byrdes are bad people.  No matter what is thrown at them from the car accident, to being threatened by the Cartel in the first place they leave a path of destruction in their wake.  Think of all the death and destruction in the final episode.  They have caused a coup in a cartel.  They have directly or indirectly annihilated all preexisting crime that existed in the area.  The Byrde family were the real criminals and the big danger all around and now, their children represent the future.

In the end, people don't always get what is coming to them.  In the end sometimes the bad guy wins. 

What rapper appears in Ozark season 4?
Rapper Killer Mike is the one who makes the cameo in the final season of Ozark. He comes across Julia Garner’s Ruth Langmore while dining in a Chicago restaurant. The character’s love of rap has been prominent throughout the series, and she connects with Killer Mike over the works of Nas and his reference to growing up in Queensbridge, New York.

What is Killer Mike’s link to Ozark?
Ozark showrunner Chris Mundy—who also wrote the episode Killer Mike appeared in—is a big fan of the rapper’s work. Though this is the first time he’s shown his face, his voice has been heard in a number of songs that play over the end credits of Ozark episodes, perhaps most prominently via a Run the Jewels song in season 3.

On 5/7/2022 at 8:05 AM, Bosco685 said:

lol Someone I know had the same question as to who he was and I was dumbfounded... 

Killer Mike !

Run the Jewels?

sigh... I will send you some songs.