• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are Signing still advertised as approx 6 week turn around?
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2022 at 4:51 PM, joeypost said:

And to be honest, the private signings should be subject to the same waiting periods as regular submissions. I am sure they are one of the reasons for TAT’s being horrendous. 

Absolutely.  Toss our books in a room and let them sit for 6 months while CGC priorities new signings that I'm guessing make them more money.

are turnaround times that bad? or is just a matter of bad communication?  I don't mean that as a defense, bad communications might be purposefully misleading as well.  BUT from what I've seen, AFTER the date of the signing, assuming you give them 2-4 days to get the books back to CGC and sorted, the turnaround times are pretty close to 6 weeks.

My reference is the Jim Lee signing.  I believe it happened around November week 1, and while I obviously don't know everyone who got a book signed, every I know or saw on the boards got their books back within 7 weeks, most of them actually shipped out in 4-5 weeks.  Have other people been getting their books back much longer than 6 weeks after the signing occurs?

I know that some people are complaining that the signings are happening later than expected, but that's a different issue (and should be addressed), but we should make sure we're addressing the issues that actually need to be addressed, and should probably be clearer in the advertisements.

Also note:  this is specifically regarding the signings where they explicitly advertise six-week turnaround.  The normal comic submissions are boned.  Which goes to my point again, I understand general complaining, but if we're complaining about a problem that actually isn't a problem because we're overgeneralizing, the problems that actually need solving don't get the attention.

Edited to add:  people seem to be getting their Jock books back this week from the 12/8/21 signing.  Which seems in the range to me.  But I admit anecdotal.  Maybe other people have other experiences that haven’t been reflected where I’ve been looking.

Edited by revat

revat

my Sienkiewicz book was signed in late September (9/21 I believe), went to GEI status on 10/27

went to QC status on 1/13 and still has not shipped

on the other hand my Perez book moved through the system in a brisk manner

signing week of 10/21
SFG 11/4
GEI on 11/10
QC on 11/22

received back to me 11/30

both books were pressed by CCS as well ..... TATs are bad/inconsistent and communication is non existent

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 1/24/2022 at 9:02 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

revat

my Sienkiewicz book was signed in late September (9/21 I believe), went to GEI status on 10/27

went to QC status on 1/13 and still has not shipped

on the other hand my Perez book moved through the system in a brisk manner

signing week of 10/21
SFG 11/4
GEI on 11/10
QC on 11/22

received back to me 11/30

both books were pressed by CCS as well ..... TATs are bad/inconsistent and communication is non existent

I mean no offense to the poster of this but it raises concerns. I have a standard submission that arrived at CGC in mid April.  Are signature event books treated like walkthrough and do the signature event buyers pay a walkthrough price to get them back so quickly?  Your Perez book returned to you in 5 weeks, my submission is at 9 months! 

You pay for the signature of the event, in your case Perez ( I love his work! ), what do you pay for the grading?

On 1/24/2022 at 11:17 PM, Artboy99 said:

I mean no offense to the poster of this but it raises concerns. I have a standard submission that arrived at CGC in mid April.  Are signature event books treated like walkthrough and do the signature event buyers pay a walkthrough price to get them back so quickly?  Your Perez book returned to you in 5 weeks, my submission is at 9 months! 

You pay for the signature of the event, in your case Perez ( I love his work! ), what do you pay for the grading?

That’s all listed in the details of the signing. Not sure if fast tracking is included in the price.  

On 1/24/2022 at 6:51 PM, joeypost said:

And to be honest, the private signings should be subject to the same waiting periods as regular submissions. I am sure they are one of the reasons for TAT’s being horrendous. 

I'm pretty sure signing events get automatic fast tracking.  I know I've read that in the event descriptions before. I assume it's still true. 

For the cost, it better be. 

On 1/24/2022 at 8:45 PM, revat said:

are turnaround times that bad? or is just a matter of bad communication?  I don't mean that as a defense, bad communications might be purposefully misleading as well.  BUT from what I've seen, AFTER the date of the signing, assuming you give them 2-4 days to get the books back to CGC and sorted, the turnaround times are pretty close to 6 weeks.

My reference is the Jim Lee signing.  I believe it happened around November week 1, and while I obviously don't know everyone who got a book signed, every I know or saw on the boards got their books back within 7 weeks, most of them actually shipped out in 4-5 weeks.  Have other people been getting their books back much longer than 6 weeks after the signing occurs?

I know that some people are complaining that the signings are happening later than expected, but that's a different issue (and should be addressed), but we should make sure we're addressing the issues that actually need to be addressed, and should probably be clearer in the advertisements.

Also note:  this is specifically regarding the signings where they explicitly advertise six-week turnaround.  The normal comic submissions are boned.  Which goes to my point again, I understand general complaining, but if we're complaining about a problem that actually isn't a problem because we're overgeneralizing, the problems that actually need solving don't get the attention.

Edited to add:  people seem to be getting their Jock books back this week from the 12/8/21 signing.  Which seems in the range to me.  But I admit anecdotal.  Maybe other people have other experiences that haven’t been reflected where I’ve been looking.

I submitted two books to JL signing, got one about 2-3 ago, they other one is still and grading/qualitycontrol/encapsulation

On 1/25/2022 at 7:40 AM, Ladic said:
On 1/24/2022 at 5:45 PM, revat said:

Expand  

I submitted two books to JL signing, got one about 2-3 ago, they other one is still and grading/qualitycontrol/encapsulation

fair enough. why are they coming back separately?  were they not on the same invoice?  Did you opt for pressing on one or both comics?  Did CGC mention any specific issues in the delay?

Edited by revat

I've sent in a handful of books over the last few months to get signed, all including pressing and I believe all a week or so before the cutoff date given. I'd say on average I've been getting them back around three months after they've received them.

I'm at about 9 weeks from the date of the Steve Lavigne signing and my book has been stuck in G/QC for about two weeks. Customer Service told me the signing was November 17 and I would have my books back by mid-January. :busy: