• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I NEED YOUR HELP IN A BIG PURCHASE ID LIKE TO MAKE.
1 1

28 posts in this topic

My friend has 2 copies of ASM #300 both are cgc 9.6 and both are signed 1 by stan lee and the other by macfarlane. both are close in price just a $250 dollar difference with stan lees being the more expensive out of the 2. i just got into collecting and planning on keeping the books i buy long term probably 20 years. which one should i buy? its hard because stan lee is iconic and does not sign anymore (RIP) and todd is the artist behind the issue. im stuck! any help would be appreciated! thanks in advance!   

On 1/24/2022 at 3:41 PM, Francesco G said:

My friend has 2 copies of ASM #300 both are cgc 9.6 and both are signed 1 by stan lee and the other by macfarlane. both are close in price just a $250 dollar difference with stan lees being the more expensive out of the 2. i just got into collecting and planning on keeping the books i buy long term probably 20 years. which one should i buy? its hard because stan lee is iconic and does not sign anymore (RIP) and todd is the artist behind the issue. im stuck! any help would be appreciated! thanks in advance!   

If you're heart is set on getting one of them, a few points to consider... Personally, I wouldn't want a Stan Lee ASM300 because A) He didn't directly work on the book and B) He's got an awful signature for such a high grade book. McFarlane's sig is more artistic and he actually drew the book.

Do you have pics? Sometimes the placement can make or break the whole appearance (again, Stan is well-known for fargging up books with horrible placements while McFarlane is an artist who wouldn't be so hamfisted with his own iconic covers).  

need help and big purchase should not be in the same sentence

slow your roll, the comics will be there

don't buy from your friend unless it is a good deal

money and friends, also not good in same sentence!

oh, what they all said.

On 1/25/2022 at 2:27 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

The Stan Lee signature on a cgc 9.6 ASM 300 is worth significantly more than the $250 offset against the McFarlane Sig.

If you can only get one, get the copy signed by Stan.  You can always get the McFarlane Sig at a later date.

I suppose those are still alive and kickin? I would be surprised if those were available for sale that often :shy: 

On 1/25/2022 at 3:27 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

The Stan Lee signature on a cgc 9.6 ASM 300 is worth significantly more than the $250 offset against the McFarlane Sig.

If you can only get one, get the copy signed by Stan.  You can always get the McFarlane Sig at a later date.

DBBDE256-ACDC-45BF-92EF-85CBBE450A95.jpeg.b4e9bca38b9fb06a7732b8782854e32a.jpeg

88F54216-BBB6-4390-A891-32280F3F0265.jpeg.8640e03d4038e1d1c84d105b5b8edab2.jpeg

On 1/25/2022 at 1:25 AM, OtherEric said:

Agreed, go with McFarlane since he actually worked on the book.  If you want a Stan signature they're easy to find on something cheaper.

this here.

get a stan sig on something he actually wrote, or if you only want the sig get it on a cheap book. It seems like you want an ASM300, and therefore take Todd or go blue label!

On 1/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, Bird said:

this here.

get a stan sig on something he actually wrote, or if you only want the sig get it on a cheap book. It seems like you want an ASM300, and therefore take Todd or go blue label!

Yup

Go blue & grab a 9.6 newsstand copy instead :banana: