• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Round 1
13 13

280 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2022 at 9:34 AM, JollyComics said:

Still wait for the update from CGC Mike.  :shiftyeyes:

he was busy last night managing the Sharks & the Jets, likely sleeping in

tallying up those votes and PMs is just a way to put in hours while avoiding us directly, we've worn him out already I fear.

On 2/6/2022 at 6:38 AM, Bird said:

he was busy last night managing the Sharks & the Jets, likely sleeping in

tallying up those votes and PMs is just a way to put in hours while avoiding us directly, we've worn him out already I fear.

You cant wear out a tree cutting lumberjack like Mike, he's an Iron Man. 

On 2/6/2022 at 10:10 AM, oakman29 said:

You cant wear out a tree cutting lumberjack like Mike, he's an Iron Man. 

And yet, I somehow feel certain we are more exhausting than a forest of massive trees.  hm

• Administrator

So, the images type I received from CGC have changed to JFIF, and the boards won't accept that type.  I've spent the last few hours getting the images ready for tonight's reveal.   

I'll be back early evening with an update on the number of people that have submitted their grades then, we will do the reveal at 8:00.   

On 2/6/2022 at 3:39 AM, zzutak said:

Fun Fact:  Babbling is a stage in child development and language acquisition during which an infant appears to be experimenting with uttering articulate sounds, but does not yet produce any recognizable words (Wikipedia 2022).

What about Babbling in adults? :baiting:

On 2/6/2022 at 10:50 AM, CGC Mike said:

So, the images type I received from CGC have changed to JFIF, and the boards won't accept that type.  I've spent the last few hours getting the images ready for tonight's reveal.   

I'll be back early evening with an update on the number of people that have submitted their grades then, we will do the reveal at 8:00.   

Geez - Sorry to pepper you with the questions!  I just send my grades to you on PM (Sunday 12:30 est) - let me know if I made the closing time or not!    

Cheers, and Stay Zesty.

On 2/6/2022 at 12:52 PM, Zesty Taquito said:

Geez - Sorry to pepper you with the questions!  I just send my grades to you on PM (Sunday 12:30 est) - let me know if I made the closing time or not!    

Cheers, and Stay Zesty.

Grades are due by Sunday February 6 8:00 PM Eastern time.

On 2/6/2022 at 3:39 AM, zzutak said:

Fun Fact:  Babbling is a stage in child development and language acquisition during which an infant appears to be experimenting with uttering articulate sounds, but does not yet produce any recognizable words (Wikipedia 2022).

Do you have a word for the deaf infants?

On 2/6/2022 at 12:54 PM, WilliamLunt said:

Grades are due by Sunday February 6 8:00 PM Eastern time.

Thanks!   It ain't easy being a noob.  Doing this as a learning exercise, so I'll do my best to stay out of people's way, and clutter of dumb questions on the message boards.

Don't know what to expect this time, but I expect to improve each contest.

Cheers.

On 2/6/2022 at 12:42 PM, Zesty Taquito said:

Thanks!   It ain't easy being a noob.  Doing this as a learning exercise, so I'll do my best to stay out of people's way, and clutter of dumb questions on the message boards.

Don't know what to expect this time, but I expect to improve each contest.

Cheers.

Welcome to the boards.