• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Round 1
13 13

280 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2022 at 1:54 PM, Massimo said:

Hey Mike, don’t if I did this right but I put in my grades by replying to your email. Is that how it works. 
please let me know thanks 

I will start a PM thread between myself and each participant.  Be sure to use THIS PM thread to submit your grades every round

On 2/6/2022 at 1:45 PM, JollyComics said:

Welcome to the boards.

Thanks..  I've stuck my toe into the TMNT chat section on some books I was getting slabbed with Eastman SS, but know there is a whole set of unwritten rules, and nuances to show respect for process, and common mistakes in these forums!

Would love to up my game of grading the nuances of the lower grades.. it's pretty easy to argue from 8.5 to 9.8, but the nuances of grades under 6 are a whole new kettle of fish for me.

Cheers.

On 2/6/2022 at 9:50 AM, CGC Mike said:

So, the images type I received from CGC have changed to JFIF, and the boards won't accept that type.  I've spent the last few hours getting the images ready for tonight's reveal.   

I'll be back early evening with an update on the number of people that have submitted their grades then, we will do the reveal at 8:00.   

Any chance if you get a bunch that miss the deadline and drop out of the contest, you may consider opening it up to some late comers???:cloud9: My grades are ready to go! They may not be very good, but they are ready :roflmao:

Edited by flashlites

On 2/6/2022 at 12:42 PM, Zesty Taquito said:

Thanks!   It ain't easy being a noob.  Doing this as a learning exercise, so I'll do my best to stay out of people's way, and clutter of dumb questions on the message boards.

Don't know what to expect this time, but I expect to improve each contest.

Cheers.

Check out the Newbie forum if you have questions (not about the contest though) and welcome!

Don’t feel like you need to “stay out of people’s way”, we are a community of nerds and while like any human interaction there can be conflict, you will still find some really good apples here full of knowledge.

On 2/6/2022 at 1:39 AM, zzutak said:

Fun Fact:  Babbling is a stage in child development and language acquisition during which an infant appears to be experimenting with uttering articulate sounds, but does not yet produce any recognizable words (Wikipedia 2022).

Incredible.  I thought infants spoke like college professors, on a variety of subjects.

On 2/6/2022 at 11:51 AM, flashlites said:

Any chance if you get a bunch that miss the deadline and drop out of the contest, you may consider opening it up to some late comers???:cloud9: My grades are ready to go! They may not be very good, but they are ready :roflmao:

he should make slots available from drop outs after the reveal!

On 2/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, Yingly said:

On dat note.... Me submite means also!!!! I may be a noob.... by my grades are all on point.... a perfect score of 100 is right here baby!!!! It's like my golf game.... Every time I go out, I score a perfect 180! (We stop counting after 10)

:gossip: a perfect score is 0

On 2/6/2022 at 4:31 PM, CGC Mike said:

203 people have submitted their grades.

lotta new guys out I suspect.  
"I thought it was tomorrow!" etc