• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your five favorite comics that you presently own!
8 8

293 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2022 at 9:21 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

BTW, Dan,  I tried so darn hard to land that Jungle #15 in the CC auction. Nice to know its in good hands!

I didn't have the money nor brains to go after it then, but fortunately the winner passed it along to me in a moment of weakness.  

On 2/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, Robot Man said:

Awfully hard to argue that group but I might slip in Mask #2 in place of the Blue Bolt. And even though they get pretty much zero love, there are some Awsome funny animal covers too…

So would I if I owned one but that ship has sailed.

I love the funny animal covers! I’m still waiting on my Holiday 4 from Heritage and Holiday 2,3 and 6 that are stuck in an airport warehouse in Australia.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:39 PM, lbcolefan said:

I’m still waiting on my Holiday 4 from Heritage and Holiday 2,3 and 6 that are stuck in an airport warehouse in Australia.

I bought a scarce hardback from a dealer in Moose Jaw to be shipped to me in the UK. Three months later it turned up in a holding warehouse in Australia. Maybe that's where all the lost books go?

On 2/9/2022 at 8:39 AM, lbcolefan said:

I love the funny animal covers! I’m still waiting on my Holiday 4 from Heritage and Holiday 2,3 and 6 that are stuck in an airport warehouse in Australia.

I know what you mean. The Ghostly Weird and the Startling Terror have sailed for me. The only reason I have Mask #1 and #2 is because I bought them 40 years ago when nobody knew about them.

The humor books can still pass under the radar for the time being.

About a year ago I passed on the Startling Terror at guide price. It killed me but I had to. It was being sold by a local guy with a reputation for stealing books. I just couldn’t do it. I guess my ethics cost me a killer book but I just don’t roll that way. A local flipper guy bought it and made a boatload of money on it even knowing the situation. Some people would buy from Satan if the margin is good enough…:devil:

On 2/9/2022 at 8:39 AM, lbcolefan said:

I have relatives in Australia. Our Christmas presents to them are still stuck in a warehouse probably…:pullhair:

We were planning a trip to see them but we are still on hold. This “cooties” thing really suks! 

On 2/9/2022 at 10:06 AM, Robot Man said:

I have relatives in Australia. Our Christmas presents to them are still stuck in a warehouse probably…:pullhair:

We were planning a trip to see them but we are still on hold. This “cooties” thing really suks! 

Trip to see the presents or the relatives?