• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board member drewincanada passed away
2 2

51 posts in this topic

Not many people here may remember Andrew Arntfield even by his board name, drewincanada. It was quite a few years ago when we were both regulars here and got to know each other due to us both being Avengers fans and both of us were jokingly competing in building up slabbed Avengers collections. Anyway, we got to be friends and got to meet up some years ago when he visited the UK, you couldn’t hope to meet a nicer guy.

Having both drifted away from the CGC boards, we managed to keep in touch a bit through FB over the years and so I heard about his heart attack last week which he seemed to be recovering from and I wished him a speedy recovery. Sadly, I’m gutted to say that I’ve just heard that he has passed away.

As I said, he hasn’t been on the boards for some time but I just wanted to post about his passing for those who remember him.

Rest in peace, mate.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:15 AM, gaz973 said:

Not many people here may remember Andrew Arntfield even by his board name, drewincanada. It was quite a few years ago when we were both regulars here and got to know each other due to us both being Avengers fans and both of us were jokingly competing in building up slabbed Avengers collections. Anyway, we got to be friends and got to meet up some years ago when he visited the UK, you couldn’t hope to meet a nicer guy.

Having both drifted away from the CGC boards, we managed to keep in touch a bit through FB over the years and so I heard about his heart attack last week which he seemed to be recovering from and I wished him a speedy recovery. Sadly, I’m gutted to say that I’ve just heard that he has passed away.

As I said, he hasn’t been on the boards for some time but I just wanted to post about his passing for those who remember him.

Rest in peace, mate.

Oh wow this makes me sad.  Andrew sold me loads of books and he was great to work with.  Don't think I met him when he visited the UK sadly :(

On 2/8/2022 at 1:53 PM, G-G © ® ™ said:

Tragic news, and extremely sorry to hear it.

I think his brother died also in an accident about 18 months ago.

Just really sad on both counts.

RIP

Yes, and their dad passed away just a couple of months ago. All three of them in a very short space of time, must be so tough on their family.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:14 PM, gaz973 said:

Yes, and their dad passed away just a couple of months ago. All three of them in a very short space of time, must be so tough on their family.

Unbelievable, just awful for them. Words are inadequate.