• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walt Disney's comics and stories #1 Canadian variant?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I ran into a local today with this book along with other Disney magazines in the late 30's .. anyway he's particular book has a 0.15 cent Canadian price right under the 0.10 cent price tag. I would assume this is an incredibly rare canadian variant? .. there has never been a copy sold .. I actually can't find this particular comic any were online .. 

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

I've owned a copy of the variant to which you refer.  I have no photos of it unfortunately but it had a stamp on it from someone who I assume was the original purchaser with an address in Winnipeg.

Grand Comics Database doesn't have it listed so if you can grab a photo of it send it to them for an update.  :idea:

On 2/18/2022 at 9:58 AM, pemart1966 said:

Are you located in Canada?  Curious as to where this copy resides...

Yeah I'm in Canada! story has it an older lady dropped off around 20 books too the owner of he's shipping company! They were in a fire but were all stored in a metal case! the #1 is pretty beat up but the rest of the late 30s Disney magazines seem too be in mid grade.

On 2/17/2022 at 7:33 PM, LoveMuffin said:

I ran into a local today with this book along with other Disney magazines in the late 30's .. anyway he's particular book has a 0.15 cent Canadian price right under the 0.10 cent price tag. I would assume this is an incredibly rare canadian variant? .. there has never been a copy sold .. I actually can't find this particular comic any were online .. 

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Could you give us some pics Mr Muffin?