• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My birthday present …
2 2

26 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2022 at 10:19 PM, fmaz said:

Hey all - thought I’d share this really cool gift my son got me for my birthday today. Almost posted this in the OA forum because it is a piece of “art” in that it’s handcrafted, and it’s comic related … but it’s certainly not comic art. 
Anyway he found this Etsy seller who makes these handcrafted wooden replicas of comic corner art. He got me ASM 87 (as you’ll see) and I think when you put it up on the left side of a door frame it really looks like it’s framing a comic book. 
488A17D5-6BF8-4EB8-B0D0-7E1BEFE77ACD.thumb.jpeg.9c8055e4ccfe8662955410427cc53eae.jpeg

500B1251-80DF-4C29-B913-449D19C2E4D6.thumb.jpeg.70032541c5da1884ca228bdc8b6eaea1.jpeg

for those curious, the seller’s name is “cornerboxed”.  Obviously I have no skin in the game other than being a satisfied recipient of one of his pieces.   Just thought others might be interested!

Frank 

Happy Birthday! 

On 2/24/2022 at 12:04 PM, chronosafe said:

Yeah that's my Etsy store.  Happy Birthday, I'm glad you like it!  I'm a huge fan of corner boxes so I started making these kind of as a fun passion project.  I'm always thrilled to see people post pics of them actually hanging!

-- Richard

Thanks Richard! Glad I could give you a little publicity! I figured here among my fellow comic folk your great work would be well appreciated!

By the way? Don’t sleep on how great they look displayed as we did in the upper left corner of a door frame - it really brings out the whole “corner box” nature of your work!

PS I will message you privately with regard to my promotional commission fees.  They’re surprisingly outrageous and inflated. 😂

Edited by fmaz