• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(Sadly Again Relevant) Post Your Anti-Soviet Russia (Putin) Comics
1 1

43 posts in this topic

Was going through a box and stumbled across this.  A little jarring given current events.  Putin, the ex-Soviet KGB Agent and still a kleptocrat, sucks.  Sad that these covers are again relevant, but it appears necessary we remember these again:

CGC3868516-001_OBV.thumb.jpg.7e5fc7eee6835339872f83d4553af484.jpg

Edited by sfcityduck

On 3/2/2022 at 9:47 AM, grebal said:

Here's a back cover of this one:

commie2.thumb.jpg.36ee39f8c61f1cde52abfbfb47277472.jpg

"Be American first" appears at the 10th item on the list.

By the way, I love that forum members are sharing these.

Edited by Upgrayedd2
added sentence about members

It's been decades since I'd read this comic. Communist Jones would have been a great name for someone in one of those kid group strips from WW2, added when Stalin became an ally. A red headed kid who was always spouting off Marxist dogma as they gunned down Nazis, but once they were back at the clubhouse, the tough kid, Gaspipe, would tell him "Ah, shaddup already!"

On 3/2/2022 at 6:36 PM, mikefeen said:

I've never seen this one before!  Awesome stuff!

I've been a fan of this one for two decades now. I remember buying one off ebay circa 2002-3 for like $35 or so, and the dealer haphazardly sent me a different issue of Mystic and said they couldn't find the #18. LOL! I think I got this one in 2009, and it's an issue I always watch for. The bump in price has drawn out more copies, but it's still reasonably tough.