• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something Is Killing The Value (Eighth Printing)
3 3

18 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2022 at 9:06 AM, Juno Beach said:
On 3/8/2022 at 9:05 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Do they ever find out who or what is killing the children? 

Some Thing. It's right in the title. 

Yah his name is Marcus Something of Kenosha, Wisconsin.  His original family surname was "Somting" of Latvian origin, and some immigration officer changed it to Something at Ellis Island when his great grandparents came to America..

On 3/8/2022 at 11:29 AM, valiantman said:

Does anyone know anything about Something Is Killing The Children (Eighth Printing), and why there are 3,500+ CGC graded copies?

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/isolateid/242949

The value of a CGC 9.8 is roughly $40, with recent sales as low as $28, according to GPAnalysis. It seems like the cost of slabbing and shipping to/from CGC, then fees associated with selling would be greater than net sales.

That's $100,000+ in slabbing/shipping costs for 3,500+ copies of the eighth print of a book that isn't worth the cost of slabbing and reselling.

The CGC Census notes the cover as a "surprise variant".  OK... surprise!  It's worthless! :grin:

What gives?

I think the "Big Deal" with the 8th printing is that it was included free when you pre-ordered BRZRKR #2. That is at least how I got a copy of it.  Not much else beyond that.

Cover is kind of cool too (at least, I think so).

On 3/8/2022 at 5:55 PM, LudaToke said:

I think the "Big Deal" with the 8th printing is that it was included free when you pre-ordered BRZRKR #2. That is at least how I got a copy of it.  Not much else beyond that.

This was definitely supposed to be the case, but I found a shop online that was selling them for $4 each when they released, so I bought two copies from them. I don't think they were supposed to be sold separately.

Cover:

703563687_siktc1.thumb.webp.e1e46a6eccf0d873c4e5b98968ca905b.webp

On 3/9/2022 at 12:09 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Cover is kind of cool too (at least, I think so).

This was definitely supposed to be the case, but I found a shop online that was selling them for $4 each when they released, so I bought two copies from them. I don't think they were supposed to be sold separately.

Cover:

703563687_siktc1.thumb.webp.e1e46a6eccf0d873c4e5b98968ca905b.webp

Agreed, the cover is cool.

I wonder if there will be an even greater influx of these sent with the Tynion and Dell'Edera signing?  I suspect so.

Edited by LudaToke

On 3/8/2022 at 11:09 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

... I found a shop online that was selling them for $4 each when they released, so I bought two copies from them. I don't think they were supposed to be sold separately.

Looks like there were 75,000 printed, and 39,000 of those weren't part of any redemption program.

SIKTC_8th.png.e3a6dc135d5a1e2fe8c585c9008e7839.png

On 3/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, valiantman said:

Something Is Killing The Children (Eighth Printing), and why there are 3,500+ CGC graded copies

Total graded now (August 5, 2022) has risen to 4033 (3819 @9.8, and just one @9.9).

Hey if any of ya'll are big SiKtC fans, I would like to invite you to join the Facebook Group Something is Killing the Children Fans.  We share all things SiKtC/HoS and love to talk about everything from the stories to your latest signed & remarked grail.  Come check us out!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1012745355822919/

Hope to see you there!