• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRS agent busted for stealing $43 worth of comics

125 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kav said:

why did chuck norris cross the road?

Hide contents

To round kick someone

true. the phone will tell you a joke a day if you ask it lol these were just some of the ones that i found funny :foryou: they do sound like dad jokes though lol 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

true. the phone will tell you a joke a day if you ask it lol these were just some of the ones that i found funny :foryou: they do sound like dad jokes though lol 

I vaguely remember some scam where if you answered a call on cell phone it automatically signs you up for joke of the day-at a price of $99 a month.  Very hard to get out of contract.  Cant remember how they accessed the credit card.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

I vaguely remember some scam where if you answered a call on cell phone it automatically signs you up for joke of the day-at a price of $99 a month.  Very hard to get out of contract.  Cant remember how they accessed the credit card.

dang lol this is just google

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2005 at 5:44 AM, Mister_Comics said:

Not to get off topic, just curious. In Illinois they don't charge tax on paper products. Was wondering if thats the same in other states.

You're referring to sales tax. paper products, periodicals, etc., what is what isn't sales taxable. The IRS agent must have been referring to his income taxes. If he keeps accurate or honest sales records pertaining to the net, or taxable income. Different than sales tax. Sales tax is not the domain of the IRS unless an extraordinary situation exists where income and sales tax are related.

Edited by James J Johnson

1 hour ago, kav said:

It goes something like that. The phone scam works like this.

1) You get a call from what looks like a recognizable area code, nothing exotic. Of course, the call really isn't from that are code, it's just set up to look that way.

2) they let it ring once or twice and hang up. Or you answer it and either nobody is on the line, or they hang up.  And do that repeatedly until most people will eventually call the number back to see who's rocking their dreamboat.

3) When they call this number back, it works like a 900 number and the meter starts ticking where dependent upon the service you have, charges, like any 900 umber may apply.

The scam here is not answering the calls. It's the call you make back to find out why they keep ringing your phone and/or hang up when you answer. No harm is done until you call back, which is what they were attempting to make you do.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=EvhEXa2CJOLy5gLdtoiIBw&q=one+ring+phone+scheme&oq=one+ring+phone&gs_l=psy-ab.1.2.0l7.925.6046..11990...2.0..0.196.1312.14j2......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0i10.wnBvc-n2OD4

Edited by James J Johnson