• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a scam
1 1

38 posts in this topic

I submitted books 6 months ago. No change in status. I am a paid customer. I have e-mailed and tried chat with no response. I wanted to do more with CGC but with the customer service so far I am reluctant to give them anything. If you can't handle the volume then stop taking items!!! Just ridiculous. Next con I am just going to the CGC booth with a sign saying its a scam. Maybe save others the frustration and loss of items. I assume my stuff is lost. If you are reading this then get out while you can.

On 3/10/2022 at 3:19 AM, Rich42 said:

I submitted books 6 months ago. No change in status. I am a paid customer. I have e-mailed and tried chat with no response. I wanted to do more with CGC but with the customer service so far I am reluctant to give them anything. If you can't handle the volume then stop taking items!!! Just ridiculous. Next con I am just going to the CGC booth with a sign saying its a scam. Maybe save others the frustration and loss of items. I assume my stuff is lost. If you are reading this then get out while you can.

They can handle the volume, it simply takes longer (TAT).

It's not a scam. Don't be the kind of person who lacks any semblance of patience.

Have you called CGC? If you haven't exhausted all of your options, how did you form your conclusion?

The TATs are exceedingly long right now, and have been for a long time now. However, that information is on the site for all to see. Surely, you (or anyone) didn't submit books without first garnering this info.

What might reduce these kinds of complaints is to make that info easier to get. Front page? I don't know, it's easy to get to/look up for those of us who know, but for those who don't, maybe not so much.

I know one thing that CGC should say somewhere, your TAT doesn't stay at the posted number of days at the time of submitting. When it changes, it changes for everyone, whether they have your books already or not. This is not clear - I've never seen it posted anywhere - and is a major source of confusion. It's kind of dastardly that they don't make this clear...with the TATs changing so frequently and drastically.

they should of course answer your emails.

but you can also try calling them on the phone. and/or hitting them up over social media venues.  

and let them know you're not using their services for more submissions because of their customer service.

but also, make sure you read the ALL the details and understand them before submitting.

If you think it's a scam, gather all your paperwork and evidence including all the terms of your agreement and send it to law enforcement or small claims court.  See what they say.

There's a large difference between substandard service and a 'scam'.  I'd be extremely careful with use of that word in writing.

On 3/10/2022 at 12:19 AM, Rich42 said:

If you got economy, which is the most common , then 6 months is about 132 days (22 working days per month). 6 months ago TAT was about 180 days , so you still have a couple months to go. I submitted 7 books 6 months ago and still waiting but I figure I have two more months also

I just asked this question in the 'Ask CGC' forum. They have to approve it (why?), but it should appear in a day or so.

"There is a discussion going on about whether your comic's TATs remain the same as they were at the time of submission, or if they change as the posted TATs change. Can CGC ( @Jennifer F.) supply the answer?"

On 3/10/2022 at 9:43 AM, shadroch said:

Charging me now for a service I won't get for nine months seems unethical, at best.  

It's only unethical if they say they wont charge you until the service is rendered but they do charge you ahead of time. In item 5 of the Service Terms and Conditions, they say fees are due at time of submission...therefore, these are terms you agree to when you submit (by the act of submission). Personally, I am happy they changed their policy to charging right away, at least I know it's all paid for when submitted.

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 3/10/2022 at 12:43 PM, shadroch said:

Charging me now for a service I won't get for nine months seems unethical, at best.  

I don't entirely disagree, however, I am the type of person who would rather sort out my finances sooner than later. I am okay with being charged once the service begins the process (invoice reception, queued for services).

On 3/10/2022 at 12:52 PM, Ed Hanes said:

It's only unethical if they say they wont charge you until the service is rendered but they do charge you ahead of time. In item 5 of the Service Terms and Conditions, they say fees are due at time of submission...therefore, these are terms you agree to when you submit (by the act of submission). Personally, I am happy they changed their policy to charging right away, at least I know it's all paid for when submitted.

kyle.jpg

On 3/10/2022 at 10:46 AM, Pancakes! said:

People don't read the fine print before signing/agreeing  to things.

Now, would you like the vanilla paste or the asparagus and cuttlefish?

It was a rhetorical question

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 3/10/2022 at 3:19 AM, Rich42 said:

Hi Dylan!  :hi: