• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The price of comic supplies is too damn high!
1 1

34 posts in this topic

I was looking to purchase a pack of Mylite 2 and boards.  What a sticker shock!

In April 2020 I purchased a 50 pack of Mylite 2 and 100 half backs for $45 after tax.  The cheapest I can get the Mylites alone is $40 and $60 for 50 full backs.  That's $100 without tax or more than 122% increase.  I know...global supply chain...inflation...blah blah.  But this is getting ridiculous.  I might have to revert to polypropylene....  **shutters**

On another note, a note on their website said they were backordered on Magazine Boards, but BCW sent out my order with no delays apparently.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:47 AM, musicmeta said:

Yes and try acid free boxes..I hear Bill Cole Enterprises  is going to raise the price on acid free boxes again.  Ouch!

I need suggestions on boxes to store silver & golden age Mylite2 bagged comics.  Don't quite fit in my standard BCW longbox.  Bill Cole acid free?  $50 sounds steep.  Not E. gerber's graded comic box (5 for $50)?

Edited by Rob

On 3/15/2022 at 12:58 PM, Rob said:

I need suggestions on boxes to store silver & golden age Mylite2 bagged comics.  Don't quite fit in my standard BCW longbox.  Bill Cole acid free?  $50 sounds steep.  Not E. gerber's graded comic box (5 for $50)?

Only boxes I know of that will fit are the Gold/Silver acid free boxes and a magazine box.  

On 3/15/2022 at 11:55 AM, musicmeta said:

Only boxes I know of that will fit are the Gold/Silver acid free boxes and a magazine box.  

I just use magazine boxes. My books are all in Mylar with acid free boards. Never noticed a problem.

I also plan WAY ahead and order from Ernie Gerber. About a 3 month wait these days but much cheaper. 

On 3/15/2022 at 12:15 PM, Robot Man said:

I also plan WAY ahead and order from Ernie Gerber. About a 3 month wait these days but much cheaper. 

I was planning on that, but they're not even taking orders for Fullbacks.  I'm hoping this $100+ order lasts me till I can get some from Gerber.

On 3/13/2022 at 10:37 AM, fastballspecial said:

Supply related issues in just about every industry currently. 

My daughter collects Hot Wheels. Talk about hard to get. A store gets a box of 72 and they are all gone the next day then no more for a month or two. The Hot Wheels guys are crazy! They remind me of the “dollar box” comic guys. What they will do for cars that sell for $5-6.00. (shrug)

Lucky for her, I have a friend who works for Target. He lets me know when they are coming in and I hit up his store. I know what she wants so I grab them.

On 3/15/2022 at 12:20 PM, Rob said:

I was planning on that, but they're not even taking orders for Fullbacks.  I'm hoping this $100+ order lasts me till I can get some from Gerber.

A lot of stuff is sitting out on boats in the ocean waiting to unload. I see them every day when I drive the coast. 

On 3/15/2022 at 1:44 PM, Rob said:

Just paid $108 with tax on eBay for 50 Mylites2 and Fullbacks.  Ridiculous price, but I'm tired of waiting.  I can spend that on a dinner with the family, so why not?

Yikes.  Maybe I should start selling mine.  lol, that's crazy.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:25 PM, Robot Man said:

A lot of stuff is sitting out on boats in the ocean waiting to unload. I see them every day when I drive the coast. 

How much to swim out there and grab us some stuff ?

On 3/15/2022 at 12:44 PM, Rob said:

Just paid $108 with tax on eBay for 50 Mylites2 and Fullbacks.  Ridiculous price, but I'm tired of waiting.  I can spend that on a dinner with the family, so why not?

What size were they?

I had 15 combo packs of these in Standard size that I sold in the marketplace forum a month ago.  I announced the sale n the "What's up with with Ernie Gerber Enterprises" thread here in Comics General.  They were selling for $99 on Ebay at the time.  I had them priced at $79 delivered per combo pack and they all sold within two days.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:15 PM, Robot Man said:

I just use magazine boxes. My books are all in Mylar with acid free boards. Never noticed a problem.

Ditto that.  All my Golden Age are just in Magazine Boxes.  Those in Mylar fit in the Mag boxes quite nicely