• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most valuable photo covers?
4 4

62 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2022 at 11:02 PM, circumstances said:

I really dislike photo covers.

But the Daredevil Battles Hitler works because it has both art and picture, and the Reform School Girl just works for some reason.

I'm the opposite.  Always liked photo covers.  As a kid I bought a lot of Dell and Gold Key movie tie-in comics because the covers caught my attention on the racks.  In some cases, they are preferred to the art covers by collectors... Lone Ranger, Bewitched, Star Trek, etc.  Since I also deal in movie posters, I'm fond of the romance covers that feature publicity shots of film stars.  The 1939 DC run of Movie Comics also has some great covers.

On 3/23/2022 at 9:04 PM, jimjum12 said:

:x

Sqeggs got my nice one ... but this one still has that innocent charm :cloud9: GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

oQiGF15.jpg

Forgot about that one. I got in on it early luckily. “Innocent”? Maybe not. Going braless back in those days was pretty gutsy…

On 3/24/2022 at 10:29 AM, Robot Man said:

Forgot about that one. I got in on it early luckily. “Innocent”? Maybe not. Going braless back in those days was pretty gutsy…

I was being facetious.... "I was a Harem Girl". :x

GOD BLESS...

Some of these are a stretch with just tiny photos as part of line drawn covers (Strange Adv 1, Man from Planet X).  

At that point, we could include the Buster Crabbe's.

I think we should include only covers where the majority is a photo.

Bustercrabbe5_pg00_fc.jpg

Edited by Bronty

On 3/24/2022 at 7:11 AM, sagii said:

This one will always get my vote, and while I never get tired of posting it, hope you all feel the same (:

20201015_093754.jpg

Such a creepy cover.  I've got Ken's old copy...

Circus Boy.JPG

On 3/23/2022 at 11:04 PM, jimjum12 said:

:x

Sqeggs got my nice one ... but this one still has that innocent charm :cloud9: GOD BLESS.... 

oQiGF15.jpg

And GOD BLESS cleavage. 

On 3/24/2022 at 1:12 PM, jimjum12 said:

I would imagine a CGC 9.4 or better of this would eclipse 500 easily. It's a real bear in grade. A marginal 8.5 is the best I've ever found. GOD BLESS....

Heritage sold one of the four 9.6s 15 years ago for $700+.

I would imagine they would be much stronger today