• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nooby noob noob here with a question about a CGC charge on my credit card
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Second submission to CGC, submitted last 60 modern books last fall.  On 3/23/22 I received a charge from "Certified Guaranty Company" for $1,260.00 (60 books at $21 each).  Based on my first submission, the actual grading followed the credit card charge shortly thereafter, or so I remember.

Using my last submission as a baseline, I'm thinking it will be a matter of days, weeks and I'll have graded books on their way back home.  What say the community?  Am I hopelessly optimistic or should I get the champagne chilling. :)

Thank you in advance for any and all feedback.

Don’t even think about your books once you know they’ve been received 

On 3/28/2022 at 10:34 PM, Jfend72 said:

Hello all,

Second submission to CGC, submitted last 60 modern books last fall.  On 3/23/22 I received a charge from "Certified Guaranty Company" for $1,260.00 (60 books at $21 each).  Based on my first submission, the actual grading followed the credit card charge shortly thereafter, or so I remember.

Using my last submission as a baseline, I'm thinking it will be a matter of days, weeks and I'll have graded books on their way back home.  What say the community?  Am I hopelessly optimistic or should I get the champagne chilling. :)

My card was charged in October... Still no books and not expecting them for many more months. 

Just checked on my 3 submissions of 20 modern books each and the status has changed in the last week.  Two of them were set to "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging".  Thinking I've got to be getting closer to quality control and shipped.  Anyone have recent feedback on a time frame once it is in this status before they can see their grades online?  Thanks in advance.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:34 PM, Jfend72 said:

Hello all,

Enjoy your Christmas present! lol

Just wanted to update you all, I received my books today.  Last Thursday and Friday, the 21st and 22nd of April, the 3 submissions of 20 books each went from "Certified Guaranty Company"  to "Shipped".  Not bad, just about 20 working days from the initial post until they were shipped. I was thinking I'd be eating watermelon and holding a sparkler by the time they arrived.

For anyone who is interested, the three submissions were checked in on 1/13/23, then I was billed 3/23/22 I received a charge from "Certified Guaranty Company".  They books were then shipped on 4/20 and 4/21 from Sarasota, arrived here in southern Maine this morning on 4/25.  Roughly 70 business days, not too shabby.

Biggest book was an X-Men 107, which I bought on E-bay in raw form for $100, came back at a 9.4, with graders notes "small crease left center of back cover".  Biggest kick in the nuts was Amazing Heroes 45 (first reported TMNT), came back as a 8.5 due to "slight staining to cover".  Looked so much better than that.  

Still looking for this "small crease left center of back cover"...oh well can't complain about a 9.4 

On 4/21/2022 at 10:44 AM, Jfend72 said:

Just checked on my 3 submissions of 20 modern books each and the status has changed in the last week.  Two of them were set to "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging".  Thinking I've got to be getting closer to quality control and shipped.  Anyone have recent feedback on a time frame once it is in this status before they can see their grades online?  Thanks in advance.

My submission went to Grading/Encap on March 25th and they were shipped March 28th. They were at CGC on December 1st.