• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Forum - Toxic Environment?
8 8

382 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2022 at 2:06 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Compared to some of the experiences I've had in person in comic stores or at conventions, where you can't immediately disconnect from the abuse, I've found this place to be quite tame. 

:whatthe:

If you're getting abuse at comic stores or conventions, then frankly what places are you going?

You're in the UK right?  If it's close to Liverpool, let me know, and I'll send the lads round.

• Administrator
On 9/2/2022 at 9:52 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Want to see some toxicity? Being back the points system.

It's still here.  I rarely use it these days.  I find occasionally removing posts and interacting with the members is more effective than giving time off, which irritates people more.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:57 PM, CGC Mike said:

It's still here.  I rarely use it these days.  I find occasionally removing posts and interacting with the members is more effective than giving time off, which irritates people more.

I was thinking back to the points where you got points for locking threads, creating a thread that got locked, last post, etc - and they kept a list with everyone (I recall @Park being one of the top guys). It seems like back in those days the obnoxiousness was tenfold because people were actively trying to get threads locked in order to get points (of which, I was one of those people). This place seems much calmer, now. And you're probably right - just nipping the thread in the bud is probably better than the Arch Wrist Slap and time outs (Also, which I was a victim of).

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 9/3/2022 at 11:25 AM, amphoman said:

Where's all my Amphans? :bump:

All crowded into a single elevator. The elevator isn't working. It also crashed. It's okay though, no one was in it as it fell to its doom. It's occupants, all none of them, were the amfonan phan klub. 

• Administrator
On 9/2/2022 at 10:22 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I was thinking back to the points where you got points for locking threads, creating a thread that got locked, last post, etc - and they kept a list with everyone (I recall @Park being one of the top guys). It seems like back in those days the obnoxiousness was tenfold because people were actively trying to get threads locked in order to get points (of which, I was one of those people). This place seems much calmer, now. And you're probably right - just nipping the thread in the bud is probably better than the Arch Wrist Slap and time outs (Also, which I was a victim of).

Yeah, that is no longer allowed for the reasons you mentioned.

On 9/3/2022 at 3:22 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I was thinking back to the points where you got points for locking threads, creating a thread that got locked, last post, etc - and they kept a list with everyone (I recall @Park being one of the top guys). It seems like back in those days the obnoxiousness was tenfold because people were actively trying to get threads locked in order to get points

Was that the pernts era?

On 9/3/2022 at 11:36 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Was that the pernts era?

Yep. PERNTS! @seanfingh

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 9/3/2022 at 12:18 PM, Comics4All said:

It could be worse: I could be throwing bundles of amphoman issues at you with a bad case of the meat sweats!

I wouldn't be phased.  I don't know ampho....not familiar with anything related. (shrug)

Meat sweats I can handle!!!  Should've seen this Top Sirloin I had in Kanab, Utah last week.  Wooooooweeeee!!!!

F5DAD1F9-F30D-4478-8080-CD45F3188371.gif