• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is CCS the only pressing company allowed for SS books?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I recently got a signed Ultimate Fallout #4 that I don't think has ever been pressed because it has that polybag crease along the back cover. I was hoping to resubmit to CGC after getting pressed but it sounds like CCS is the only one allowed to do that? I'm fine going with CCS if that's the only option, but they have massive TATs right now and I've seen some... mixed results from them.

graders notes.PNG

On 4/7/2022 at 4:07 PM, waynemel said:

Yes, only CCS.  Submit the slab to them.  Do NOT crack it yourself and send in the book.

Good to know. Thanks! Do you know if I need to note anything on the submission form or do I just submit it for grading and pressing like any other book?

I've never resubmitted for a press so I can't speak with any expertise but if there is a place to notate I would include exactly what it says in the grader notes so the ask is clear what you want fixed

don't know if they pay any attention to that, don't know if they pull up the grader notes themselves .... unlikely they do either but better to include more if you can for a better chance at success

Is this correct? I just got a few books back that I sent to CSS and got signed and honestly, they did a terrible job across the board.  No notes on the 9.6 (looked like it was a 9.6 due to non color breaking spin ticks), and the exact same notes for the 3 others 9.0, 9.2, 9.4 of light creasing to the cover (which I cannot see no matter which way I look at them).  I was thinking I may get them repressed by CFP, I have 75 books or so with them right now and would love to see how that shakes out.

On 8/2/2022 at 2:09 PM, Miketaylorwork said:

Is this correct? I just got a few books back that I sent to CSS and got signed and honestly, they did a terrible job across the board.  No notes on the 9.6 (looked like it was a 9.6 due to non color breaking spin ticks), and the exact same notes for the 3 others 9.0, 9.2, 9.4 of light creasing to the cover (which I cannot see no matter which way I look at them).  I was thinking I may get them repressed by CFP, I have 75 books or so with them right now and would love to see how that shakes out.

probably best to check directly with the party you are considering, as terms may change over time.

I’ve never understood this. CGC has hundreds of independent signature witnessing facilitators, why not allow these groups that offer pressing to do this as well. It isn’t as if CCS is hurting for business with their year back log. Plus as others have said, I used them once and let’s just say never ever again