• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

763 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2022 at 8:15 AM, Bronty said:

Interesting choice of words.    Is there a private sale record which surpasses the 328?

I know there was a fella trying to put the complete interiors together, and he had several pages already accumulated by the time the 328 cover sold at auction.  Wonder if he pulled the trigger on a private deal with Metropolis?

On 4/14/2022 at 8:47 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I know there was a fella trying to put the complete interiors together, and he had several pages already accumulated by the time the 328 cover sold at auction.  Wonder if he pulled the trigger on a private deal with Metropolis?

A philosopher I believe 

On 4/14/2022 at 8:45 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Whatever happened to the 328 cover after it sold publicly?  I thought it was with Metropolis...and then it wasn't? (shrug)

It's the prized possession in a collection that is not Metropolis'. hm 

Nobody asked, but here are my opinions:

• ASM > SM in terms of being remembered fondly, however artistically, the SM16 > ASM 328. The SM16 is fantastic.

• 10 years ago is forever, however the 328 auction was seen as an huge outlier. Many suspected shenanigans in one form or another contributed to that result. (Punishment bids? Buying it hold over someone's head? Who knows...)

• As things are prone to go in this hobby, many McFarlane collectors see what is happening with Jim Lee and Erik Larsen auctions and behind the scenes have been commenting that by comparison, McFarlane art (historically much more expensive than Larsen/Lee) now seems extremely undervalued.

On 4/14/2022 at 7:10 AM, delekkerste said:

That's gonna smash the ASM #328 cover's public McFarlane sale record.

I googled "Outlier" just now....and this image filled the page and I'm not sure what it could mean: amazing-spider-man-328-original-art-mcfarlane.thumb.jpg.21219b0b530efa900ce333d233948d68.jpg