• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Expertise/Experience no longer matter to be a dealer?
8 8

248 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2022 at 5:20 PM, Ken Aldred said:

The first dealer I bought a slab from on eBay, circa 2006, stated that it should always be borne in mind that CGC's grading is subjective, and there may be certain aspects of the book's presentation that you might disagree with.  Whether CGC or yourself personally, there's never going to be a persistent, universal consensus across the board.  

Again, conflicting opinions, subjectivity; nothing new.

problems arise when someone says "But MY subjective opinion is CORRECT.  So let's do things at my price".

Edited by kav

On 4/19/2022 at 4:58 PM, kav said:

I mean, here is where we're at-CGC and dealer thought book was a 9.6.  You however thought it was a 9.2.  They should just discard their expertise because some random guy disagrees with their grading and go down $12.
Therefore, there is no longer any dealer expertise at cons.
I mean if you roll that around surely you can see why people are being critical, right?

The OP probably rubbed the seller the wrong way with his grading issues, and the seller was just trying to get rid of him. No sale here move on type of attitude. 

On 4/20/2022 at 1:22 AM, kav said:

problems arise when someone says "But MY subjective opinion is CORRECT".

Yup. Jack Ryder, The Creeper's Objectivist alter ego.

"I am right, and you are wrong."

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 4/19/2022 at 4:47 PM, Kramerica said:

Absolutely. Any book writted by Rob Liefeld. At least you'll laugh. And if that doesn't put a spring in your step or a stirring in your loins I have a TV Guide from 1979.

I have to disagree. This is some Grade A Nonsense.