• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Spring Edition (#2) Round 1
28 28

482 posts in this topic

in future rounds/contests can we eliminate a little indecision by stating something directly along the lines of "this is the condition in which the books were graded", meaning no c/p. I assume there is no c/p between scans and grading but not have it stated explicitly finds a small place to hunker down and gnaw at my brain as I (try to) grade (tsk)

unless, you know, it was explicitly stated and...reading :sumo:

On 4/28/2022 at 8:30 AM, Bird said:

in future rounds/contests can we eliminate a little indecision by stating something directly along the lines of "this is the condition in which the books were graded"

Well he did say that the books as pictured had not been graded yet.

So I would guess that the obligatory appearance of mysterious "finger bends" and "light creasing" pursuant to the grading process has yet to occur.

On 4/26/2022 at 12:41 PM, Complex306 said:

Grades are in. I feel like my scores are either going to be super close to the actuals, or waayyy far off lol.

I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I'll guess waayyy far off. :baiting:

On 4/27/2022 at 9:30 PM, jou13 said:
On 4/27/2022 at 1:38 PM, trmoore54 said:

Snooze you lose... :baiting:

Oh well.. I hardly come around these parts and when I do its in PGM forum. Frustrating the signup thread was posted on a completely different board.

Last year I missed it even though I visit here daily, because I was only checking out the BUY/SELL and Bronze, SIlver, and Golden Age subforums.

I think before CGC-Mike took it over last year, the Contest [in olden times was called the Green Eggs, I think] was only listed in GENERAL, and people who frequented the Buddy Spare a Grade forum never saw when new contest was getting started.

Don't really know what my point is, probably just in the mood to pontificate.

On 4/28/2022 at 5:33 PM, grebal said:

Last year I missed it even though I visit here daily, because I was only checking out the BUY/SELL and Bronze, SIlver, and Golden Age subforums.

I think before CGC-Mike took it over last year, the Contest [in olden times was called the Green Eggs, I think] was only listed in GENERAL, and people who frequented the Buddy Spare a Grade forum never saw when new contest was getting started.

Don't really know what my point is, probably just in the mood to pontificate.

I was always afraid of the grading contests before

On 4/28/2022 at 8:53 PM, CGC Mike said:

22 hours left to get your grades in.  I believe there are about 45 people who have not submitted their grades yet.  

Still think that is a better ratio than the first one. :golfclap: