• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Considering selling my Detective Comics # 1 8.5
4 4

90 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2022 at 2:19 PM, intlnews said:

Look for other investments.

fair

If you are in search of greater potential returns, I would sell yesterday and purchase stocks. However, will you be able to stomach the risk of the volatility? 

Why not sell some books and diversify? You can have it both ways as it's not a zero sum game.

On 4/18/2022 at 2:02 PM, intlnews said:

Already have one. Never selling that.

Keep the Tec27, the Supes 1 and the AF15.  Sell the rest.  

With those books, you would be able to negotiate a very fair/favorable percentage with Heritage (if you went the Auction House route).  And I know some of our resident dealers would love to take those books on consignment.  

Maybe that's the route you go (if an auction worries you).  Consign them to someone at your "no regrets" price (even if it's high).  If they get bought, great.  If they don't, back to you they go.  

On 4/18/2022 at 11:21 AM, intlnews said:

What would you guys suggest? I've been going back and forth in my mind for years on all of them.  I also have others, but these are probably the most coveted.  The insurance premiums have been going up as the values continue to climb too.

Another fact that needs to be mentioned is the tax implications of selling your books. If you live in the USA, you will be paying a minimum of 24% tax on the proceeds, unless you have a receipt for each book.

On 4/18/2022 at 2:24 PM, Funnybooks said:

fair

If you are in search of greater potential returns, I would sell yesterday and purchase stocks. However, will you be able to stomach the risk of the volatility? 

Why not sell some books and diversify? You can have it both ways as it's not a zero sum game.

Certainly considering it..

On 4/18/2022 at 2:38 PM, chrisco37 said:

Keep the Tec27, the Supes 1 and the AF15.  Sell the rest.  

With those books, you would be able to negotiate a very fair/favorable percentage with Heritage (if you went the Auction House route).  And I know some of our resident dealers would love to take those books on consignment.  

Maybe that's the route you go (if an auction worries you).  Consign them to someone at your "no regrets" price (even if it's high).  If they get bought, great.  If they don't, back to you they go.  

I've not taken a complete inventory of the collection.  I need to update the pricing. It's a bit mind-blowing to consider..

On 4/18/2022 at 12:46 PM, KirbyJack said:

I think I can speak for everyone here and say yes, there is interest!

If you’re comfortable posting them, we would love seeing them.

Yeah, absolutely. It doesn’t get old seeing those books.

On 4/19/2022 at 2:07 AM, intlnews said:

Not needing to sell, just wondering if it is wise to consider.

You have your answer right there. Please don't sell. You will regret it. Some of your books do not appear everyday in the wild and when they do, the prices you may have to pay for them would be stroke inducing. If you don't need the money, then why sell the books for something you don't really need more of? And in turn,  lose something you may not be able to buy even with more money in hand. Unless its an issue of health and/or no one to pass these books down to, pls keep these treasures.