• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Considering selling my Detective Comics # 1 8.5
4 4

90 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, intlnews said:

Care to lend me 500k? ;'p

I imagine if you put up the books we are talking about, CC would give you a cash advance to use as a deposit for the AC1. 

But let's be honest, I'm speculating. You are swimming in the deep end and I'm still using floaties. 

On 4/18/2022 at 9:28 AM, october said:

Your Detective 1 is restored, or unslabbed? I don't see any 8.5 blue copies on the census. 

If I owned a Detective 1 it would stay with me til the grave. 

Sell Right b4 the grave part ;)

On 4/18/2022 at 9:21 AM, intlnews said:

I've been mulling over selling my Detective Comics # 1 8.5 with an auction house. They're estimating an obscene amount for the comic.  I purchased it in the 90's for 10k, they are projecting over 100k for it. Normally, I wouldn't, but with comics so high, I am concerned that the price, over time, will just go back to 10k or below. They also want me to list my Superman # 1 @ 7.5, Batman #1 8.5, Spiderman # 1 @ 9.4 and Amazing Fantasy 15 @ 5,  but I am not too keen on selling those.

What would you guys suggest? I've been going back and forth in my mind for years on all of them.  I also have others, but these are probably the most coveted.  The insurance premiums have been going up as the values continue to climb too.

What a great problem to have.. doubt it’ll go as low as 10k

I still want to see pics! I don't mean that to sound like I don't believe you or something; I do - I just think it'd be really cool to see these. I totally understand if you wouldn't want to post public pics of the books, but if you have no problem with it and you get a chance, that would be really cool!

It sounds like taking some money off the table would give you some peace of mind.  If I had your opportunity I would likely sell about $200K worth of books.  Buy a $300K rental property with 50% down after paying taxes on the books.  Netting $15K per year is a 10% ROI immediately, growing 5%-10% each year on an asset that is likely to hold it's value and increase eventually.