• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Calgary Expo 2022 Report
2 2

114 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2022 at 9:00 PM, Senormac said:

What's a page like that go for anyways? 

Published Harris 'Vampi' original art usually retails for about $100 but since I bought it direct from artist Matthew Clark it was a lot less. Better value, I thought, than a sketch cover illo.

On 4/26/2022 at 9:59 PM, batman_fan said:

I thought the currency in Canada was brown gravy, cheese curds, and fries (shrug)

We do like our poutine, but while we are talking about currency….    maybe you guys should leap boldly into the 1980s and lose the $1 bill?    :kidaround:    Is it good for anything, as a paper note, besides slipping into a g string at this point?    (I’m speaking about guitars, of course). 

On 4/27/2022 at 7:16 AM, Bronty said:

We do like our poutine, but while we are talking about currency….    maybe you guys should leap boldly into the 1980s and lose the $1 bill?    :kidaround:    Is it good for anything, as a paper note, besides slipping into a g string at this point?    (I’m speaking about guitars, of course). 

Never mind the single note, they still use pennies 

On 4/27/2022 at 8:51 AM, Quicksilver Signs said:

Never mind the single note, they still use pennies 

Easy now, eliminating pennies would require leaping into 2010.   :kidaround:

Edited by Bronty

On 4/24/2022 at 8:14 PM, Axe Elf said:

Not to hijack the thread, but I think there was a Comicon right here in Kansas City this weekend, at Bartle Hall.  I've never been, but I might have tried to stop by if I'd heard about it in time.  So anyway, if anyone has any info/pics/reports from THAT one, maybe they could start a different thread on it?

TIA

Planet Comicon.  You should definitely go.  Love the show, even if I haven't been able to make it about 3 years. 

On 4/24/2022 at 7:19 PM, joeypost said:

We had an engine seize from Calgary to MSP. Had to be towed to the gate. See everyone next year. 

Glad u were able to experience 4 inches of fresh Calgary snow in your Florida flip-flops. Best deal I dug up from a brick n mortar store was Harbinger 1 for 25c with the cards.

20220425_104308.jpg