• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's BARBIE THE MOVIE starring Margot Robbie (2023)
7 7

540 posts in this topic

I hope this influx of cash allows Barbie to buy that Malibu sunhouse she's always wanted. She's learnt it for once. And she can actually add a job to her resume. That must be exciting after 60 or whatever years. 

On 8/15/2023 at 12:40 PM, kimik said:

Good movie by Robbie's agent on getting the bonuses. I wonder if any other cast members or Gerwig did the same?

She is getting those bonuses because she wasn't just an actor, she was also a Producer (So I would assume while others will see some bonuses they won't be doubled up like hers. I'm sure she had the most sway with contract negotiations as well on both sides)

Saw it this weekend with the fam. Fun movie. Definitely not what I expected. The ZSJL joke came out of the blue and caught me off guard. My biggest take from the movie was just how much both the theater and the surrounding restaurants were packed.  Felt really good.   

On 8/15/2023 at 3:29 PM, kimik said:

Tombstone is an awesome movie. 

But not super attractive to ticket buyers. It did alright, undoubtedly above average it ranked 20th out of all films released in 1993. It grossed a worldwide total of $73.2 million. Certainly not a movie that deserves to be mentioned in the same breadth with box office smashes like Barbie when it comes to audience reception. So why derail the thread with Tombstone?

Edited by sfcityduck

On 8/15/2023 at 4:41 PM, sfcityduck said:

But not super attractive to ticket buyers. It did alright, undoubtedly above average it ranked 20th out of all films released in 1993. It grossed a worldwide total of $73.2 million. Certainly not a movie that deserves to be mentioned in the same breadth with box office smashes like Barbie when it comes to audience reception. So why derail the thread with Tombstone?

Because Tombstone >>>>> Barbie as a movie. 

On 8/15/2023 at 3:43 PM, kimik said:

Because Tombstone >>>>> Barbie as a movie. 

The great thing is we all get our own opinions on the quality of a movie because that's totally subjective and opinions vary widely, but people vote with their feet when it comes to what movies they want to see and that's an objective fact.