• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Spring Auction
1 1

93 posts in this topic

On 5/10/2022 at 6:41 AM, Matthias. said:

This McNiven art from Return of Wolverine in the auction is many things at the same time: The cover for the Director Cuts, the cover for the 2nd print of the first issue, it is a splash page and the first page of the whole run at the same time.

D84C8BAD-3B63-4BF1-9B50-C0B783C4D39E.jpeg

This is only original inks, no McNiven on the page, correct? 
I thought McNiven was completely digital by this point

On 4/29/2022 at 5:57 PM, grapeape said:

1976 Neal Adams +   Giordano

EB6AD62F-A23F-4D0F-B8C7-B9A1870ED3FD.thumb.jpeg.89ebfab105025cf854b4d1211bd82990.jpeg

I recall seeing this page shopped around (and sold) several times.  That wasn't helping the value. 

But hopefully it finds a permanent home now, because those are some nice closeups of B & R.

On 5/20/2022 at 5:18 AM, Bronty said:

I don’t see it going up much more tbh. 300?   It’s got the FF and spidey which is cool but it’s not a show stopping image .

Interesting perspective. There was very little preview time and usually I’d question the sanity of a consignor getting a piece in just before auction.

But the way collectors are pulled day by day to the next shiny thing, maybe it’s to the advantage of the consignor that this piece seems so fresh to the eyes.

I think this is one that at least 3 are still after at this pricing altitude so I’m guessing +$400,000 at least.

Looking forward to breaking down the results of CLINK, HA and even Comic Connect in the coming weeks ahead.

On 5/20/2022 at 2:52 PM, grapeape said:

Interesting perspective. There was very little preview time and usually I’d question the sanity of a consignor getting a piece in just before auction.

But the way collectors are pulled day by day to the next shiny thing, maybe it’s to the advantage of the consignor that this piece seems so fresh to the eyes.

I think this is one that at least 3 are still after at this pricing altitude so I’m guessing +$400,000 at least.

Looking forward to breaking down the results of CLINK, HA and even Comic Connect in the coming weeks ahead.

I could be waaay off.     If it was my money I would personally prefer either a better Spidey page, or a better FF page, than this mashup crossover for the same money.

But, that's just me.   It doesn't pull at me all that strongly.    Others may disagree and it may be double my estimate.    But generally speaking the figures in the panels are small and so on.. the only panel that grabs me is the top left.    I can't see feeling like this was a page I HAD TO HAVE.

Edited by Bronty

Artistically, not the best piece. Characters are small, it’s more of a panel page than a splash page. What I like is it has 5 main Marvel characters on it.

HOWEVER, what this piece has going for it is history. It’s a historic piece of Marvel. It is very early Spider-Man, early FF, and retells parts of ASM #1. 

As a piece of art: 6/10

As a piece of Marvel history: 9/10

Overall 7.5 rating for me.

On 5/21/2022 at 6:44 AM, Timely said:

Artistically, not the best piece. Characters are small, it’s more of a panel page than a splash page. What I like is it has 5 main Marvel characters on it.

HOWEVER, what this piece has going for it is history. It’s a historic piece of Marvel. It is very early Spider-Man, early FF, and retells parts of ASM #1. 

As a piece of art: 6/10

As a piece of Marvel history: 9/10

Overall 7.5 rating for me.

I give it two snaps and a twist

On 4/29/2022 at 11:09 AM, batman_fan said:

Ditko Spiderman panel page.  I give it two snaps and a twist.

12441C50-A938-4793-85AA-4523F805267F.jpeg

H8 to speak about vulgar money but this neat Ditko ASM page with a nice Kraven panel just hit $100,000 with plenty of days to go.

On 5/21/2022 at 7:30 PM, szav said:

Now that it's been upgraded to an authentic Stan Lee Sig Seies 3x5 foot, it's definitely worth 600k...

image.png.2eb564f10ff26027f9fc1f4a5ccadab8.png

Stan the Man went all “FRANK THORNE” on his own face here with that signature.lolHad he used red ink I believe it would’ve sold for at least $600k. As Stan chose the common black marker I’ll have to say it will sell below $600k:facepalm: