• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Spring Auction
1 1

90 posts in this topic

On 6/10/2022 at 9:36 PM, Mephisto said:

I was pretty happy with what my Moon Knight painting sold for. I had offered it to someone for 70% less around two years ago so :takeit:

That one went for exactly what I thought it would. Solid result for a painted cover that was for a comic published in another country. Lopez Espi covers have been on the rise, just like Marvel UK art, because it's the cheapest published Marvel art that can be found from those years. Not much nostalgia here, but a lot of people just want a cover of their favorite character and those are pretty nice.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:43 PM, wolvergeek said:

I won one of the Kupperberg Spidey pages. Pretty happy to stay under $2k for a black costume appearance.

Also snagged the Zeck Captain America page with Spidey but no Cap. 

I was in on the Zeck and Lee Punisher pages but they want past my budget.

Congrats on your wins!  🙌

On 6/12/2022 at 8:45 PM, Xatari said:

I also think a lot of people are saving for Heritage this week. I have seen a TON of people selling over the past month to raise funds for it. 

I must be doing it wrong because I don’t sell until I actually win the art :whistle:

But I also don’t buy the equivalent of a new car every two months either, so I guess I afford to do so. Afford. Tee hee ☺️. I’m so full of irony this morning.  

On 6/13/2022 at 10:41 AM, John E. said:

I must be doing it wrong because I don’t sell until I actually win the art :whistle:

But I also don’t buy the equivalent of a new car every two months either, so I guess I afford to do so. Afford. Tee hee ☺️. I’m so full of irony this morning.  

Your strategy is reminiscent of riding a horse...backwards :peace:

On 6/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, John E. said:

More than once I’ve read here collectors lament selling pieces they didn’t want to sell but did chasing that grail only to find out they were blown out of the water.

Huge risk/mistake in a sharp rising bull market. You can/will get left behind. I've seen it happen to many amateur "dealers" too, they literally run themselves out of business by not being able to restock inventory, cash rich; art poor.

On 6/10/2022 at 7:51 AM, vodou said:

X-Men 160 is a fill-in during the Cockrum 2nd run (145-164) before Smith took over; it's also a major story pivot for Illyana (though she's not on this page, so unlikely a large factor).

$6500 is perfectly acceptable and understandable to those specializing in this area, neither high nor low. I think it would be listed for $8k or more on any major dealer site.

This was an anomaly and somebody got a deal :) 

image.thumb.png.17761fb17f4cffd0695d74b6a7f870e0.png

I consider #160 to be one the of the top 10 issues of the 2nd Cockrum run. (145, 146,147, 149, 150, 156, 160, 162, 163, 164- IMO) It's a pivotal issue, and I don't regard it as a fill-in in the same way as #159 which is unabashedly a fill-in. I fully expect that #146 pager on eBay to get flipped unless it went to a true collector. It originally sold on eBay 11 years ago, along with 2 others from that issue and I really had to flip a coin on which ones to go after but ultimately I got the other 2. 

Edited by MyNameIsLegion