• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Shooter has my Secret Wars #8 copy and is supposed to send it to me.. Has anyone else had this kind of experience?
2 2

19 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone has ever had any problems with Jim Shooter not returning a comic book that you let him take to do a remark on? Back in December of 2021 at the Charleston comic con. I brought my favorite copy of SW #8 that had signatures and remarks from both Mike Zeck and John Beatty and I was extremely excited to get a 3rd remark and signature on it from Mr. Shooter. He was kind of busy at the con so he told me that he would take the book with him and do the remark that I picked out from his sketch book and return it. I paid in advance with his representative and have reciepts etc. I was told it would be 2-3 months when I get the book back. I still have not received the book and I am getting a little worried. Has anyone else had similar experiences??? Thanks in advance!!!!

Also, does anyone know how I could get in contact with Mr. Shooter directly?

@zuckuss2003 I did actually get in contact with his representative because I had to contact the app that I paid for the Signature/Remark with and they tracked down the representative and he told me in February that Shooter has been a little sick but you should expect your book by March or April at the latest

On 5/5/2022 at 3:10 PM, F For Fake said:

Not sure where you're located, but he'll be at Bowling Green comic con in a couple of weeks, if you wanna go rough him up!

http://www.bowlinggreencon.com/

I don't know, he is a large man. At least he was 20 years ago or so

On 5/5/2022 at 3:14 PM, Bird said:

I don't know, he is a large man. At least he was 20 years ago or so

True, he's still a tall guy, but I'm not sure he moves so quickly anymore. Next time I see him, I'll test my theory by yelling insults about Defiant and Broadway...from a considerable distance. 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:15 PM, F For Fake said:

True, he's still a tall guy, but I'm not sure he moves so quickly anymore. Next time I see him, I'll test my theory by yelling insults about Defiant and Broadway...from a considerable distance. 

If you bring Steranko with you as back up, you will be fine.. he has a mean person_without_enough_empathy slap.

On 5/6/2022 at 3:29 AM, DougC said:

If you bring Steranko with you as back up, you will be fine.. he has a mean person_without_enough_empathy slap.

True, just ask Bob Kane's ghost!

I saw Jim Shooter at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

This is just a copypasta. 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:31 PM, Cat said:

I saw Jim Shooter at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Did I ever tell you about the time Jim Shooter took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can’t find one. Finally, Shooter takes me into a vacant lot and says, "Here we are." Well, we sat there for a year and a half. Sure enough, someone constructed a bar around us. Well, the day they opened it, we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burnt the place to the ground. Shooter yelled over the roar of the flames, "Always leave things the way you found them!"

On 5/6/2022 at 1:31 PM, Cat said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

On 5/6/2022 at 10:53 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Did I ever tell you about the time Jim Shooter took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can’t find one. Finally, Shooter takes me into a vacant lot and says, "Here we are." Well, we sat there for a year and a half. Sure enough, someone constructed a bar around us. Well, the day they opened it, we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burnt the place to the ground. Shooter yelled over the roar of the flames, "Always leave things the way you found them!"

He was on this plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane starts spinning around, going out of control, so he figures it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad! So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, the hydraulics kick back in. The plane rights itself and they land safely and everyone puts their peony or, whatever, you know, away and deboard. No one mentions the phenomenon to anyone else.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:37 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

He was on this plane to New Mexico when all of the sudden the hydraulics went. The plane starts spinning around, going out of control, so he figures it's all over and whips it out and starts beating it right there. So all the other passengers take a cue from him and they start whipping it out and beating like mad! So all the passengers are beating off, plummeting to their certain doom, when all of the sudden, the hydraulics kick back in. The plane rights itself and they land safely and everyone puts their peony or, whatever, you know, away and deboard. No one mentions the phenomenon to anyone else.

mallrats.png.7f6dcf80120a4e15c79f878e8bd0bfd1.png

On 5/6/2022 at 11:37 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

On 5/6/2022 at 11:39 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

mallrats.png.7f6dcf80120a4e15c79f878e8bd0bfd1.png

this-guy-gets-it-nick-offerman-1.gif.ee2b96bf85af09d5a81c1cfd11c7b205.gif

Also.. 

Spoiler

20220506_235030.jpg.295a71a78a1e7b91cfea00242d913ba1.jpg

I knew I'd heard that somewhere.

That may actually be in the running for the best superhero movie ever... and the superheroes weren't even the main characters!

On 5/5/2022 at 1:10 PM, F For Fake said:

Not sure where you're located, but he'll be at Bowling Green comic con in a couple of weeks, if you wanna go rough him up!

http://www.bowlinggreencon.com/

Didn't he beat up a guy in the Marvel bullpen for suggesting they do a GoBots comic book or something?