• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Comics Academy
3 3

39 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 5/10/2022 at 4:25 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

Is this the “ big announcement “ CGC Mike was referring to?

No.  However, I did just feature this thread.  

On 5/10/2022 at 3:25 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

Is this the “ big announcement “ CGC Mike was referring to?

I thought the VHS grading was it.

On 5/10/2022 at 4:35 PM, GACollectibles said:

It's actually a Quality Control pre-interview(copied from the email):

"CGC is thrilled to announce the inaugural CGC Comics Academy. This free, one-day seminar is an opportunity to learn comic book grading from CGC experts, test your knowledge, win prizes, submit collectibles and more. Plus, you'll have a chance to receive a job offer! Space is limited, so apply today!

CGC Comics Academy will take place July 9-10, 2022, in Tampa, Florida, at the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown Convention Center. The two-day seminar is free, with snacks, beverages, lunch and a happy hour included."

Is it one day?  Is it two?  Did I win?

Could it be a free three-day seminar?

On 5/11/2022 at 3:26 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Laugh all you want......but I've already been able to trade some of his course material for sex with two elderly Red Sonyas and a Scarlet Witch that had her nose and upper lip chewed off by her pet monkey.

Tomorrow, I'm going to wave some of his secret pressing instructions in the face of a hefty Wonder Woman that runs the convention snack bar and see how that goes.

I used to be just like the rest of you losers, but thanks to Dylan's course, I've now got 2 inches of thick manly hair growing out of my back.  I'm also having sex with a lot of people......and I'm pretty sure most of them are women. 

Best $12,000 a year I've ever spent.

1883079450_willem-dafoe(2).gif.553852b7a210e87106f3c19e683e87f3.gif

On 5/10/2022 at 2:35 PM, GACollectibles said:

"CGC is thrilled to announce the inaugural CGC Comics Academy. This free, one-day seminar is an opportunity to learn comic book grading from CGC experts, test your knowledge, win prizes, submit collectibles and more. Plus, you'll have a chance to receive a job offer! Space is limited, so apply today!

CGC Comics Academy will take place July 9-10, 2022, in Tampa, Florida, at the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown Convention Center. The two-day seminar is free, with snacks, beverages, lunch and a happy hour included."

First day is for the noobs. Second day is for the veterans that know strippers and booze show up at 5pm.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:35 PM, GACollectibles said:

Yes, the CGC Comics Academy seems like a fantastic opportunity for students who are interested in learning about comic book grading and potentially pursuing a career in the field. The fact that the seminar is free and includes meals and a happy hour is a great bonus, and the chance to learn from CGC experts and submit collectibles for grading is an invaluable experience. Also, if you are a student this writing servicehttps://essays.edubirdie.com/mark-my-essay can make your journey through those wonderful years of learning and developing even more enjoyable. Attending events like this can also be a great way to network with professionals in the industry and connect with other like-minded individuals who share your interests. So, if you're a student who is passionate about comics and wants to learn more about the grading process and potential career opportunities, the CGC Comics Academy would be an excellent event to attend.

That sounds so good. It's too bad that I missed that. 

Edited by AlbertMil

Is anybody attending the next seminar in June?

Quality Control:  How to continuously say "Oh, f*** it" while still collecting a paycheck.