• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WATA Game Grading Sued For Price Manipulation
6 6

64 posts in this topic

Graded 3 games with wata so far...and no more!waiting on cgc now to open their grading service!not that wata grade badly,its fair,sturdy cases and grading makes more sense than vga but yeah for reasons mention by others ,i lived it,a year and 2 month it took to get 2 of my 3 games,charged me a lot more because of market value ect......no more!

On 5/17/2022 at 11:30 PM, Namtak said:

Graded 3 games with wata so far...and no more!waiting on cgc now to open their grading service!not that wata grade badly,its fair,sturdy cases and grading makes more sense than vga but yeah for reasons mention by others ,i lived it,a year and 2 month it took to get 2 of my 3 games,charged me a lot more because of market value ect......no more!

What do you think of this lawsuit? 

On 5/17/2022 at 1:01 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Good luck with that. lol

It's still going to cost WATA solid coin to defend themselves, possibly heavily alter the future perception of their firm, and perhaps evidence into the arrangement with Haspel will be brought to light. One can only hope!

Edited by MAR1979

On 5/17/2022 at 12:20 PM, Qalyar said:

If anything significant comes of this, it might lead to some hard choices from other collectibles grading companies (yes, including CGC) about how service pricing based on FMV is being implemented, if for no other reason than to reduce exposure to potential issues down the line. But right now, my use of bold font is only one reason that feels like a big "if".

That would be huge. PSA needs a good kick in the posterior.

Edited by MAR1979