• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Marvel Custom Labels - May 2022
3 3

31 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 5/18/2022 at 9:03 PM, Sigur Ros said:
On 5/18/2022 at 5:10 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

looks like they moved ole Ben over on the FF label so he wouldn't be covered by the hologram and also planned accordingly for the other new images

No.  That's always been the selling image.  The actual label is still a failure. 

I have brought this up to marketing.  The image was moved over but, it's possible the old version wasn't thrown out.  The Marketing manager is checking, and will make sure the change is made.  

On 5/19/2022 at 6:13 AM, Parabellum said:

Probably not...

It wouldn't bother me to be honest.  I think the custom labels are a thinly veiled "money grab".  I have a few books with custom labels (purchased this way) and I will most likely have them re-holdered.  No offense to collectors who enjoy them, I know I'm probably in the minority on this topic.  But when I see people that haven't received their books in 6 months or more and CGC's efforts appear to be everywhere but grading books I get irritated.  Again, just my opinion.

Obviously a way for CGC to make a few extra bucks. But in my option, the custom labels on the books that inspired the artwork are FIRE, like Wolverine #2, JiM #83, GSX, etc. 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:24 AM, CGC Mike said:

I have brought this up to marketing.  The image was moved over but, it's possible the old version wasn't thrown out.  The Marketing manager is checking, and will make sure the change is made.  

How did this ever get screwed up in the first place???  The label format is a standard setup, left to right - grade box, comic info, hologram for authenticity.  The background artwork has to dodge those 3 things.  Was that too complicated???  Was 3 too big a number?  Apparently.....yes.

Only the most incompetent of people could set this up to fail.  Very sad.