• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finding/Buying A Collection: The Imagination Stage
3 3

112 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2022 at 8:40 AM, fastballspecial said:

And just by chance a few pre code Amazing Fantasy 8 to 14
to really think there is that special book. Because they didn't
like super heroes so they stopped with the title.

There is nothing like the feeling of combing through a box in a collection and seeing ANY Amazing Fantasy issue. You're heart skips a beat, you say a small prayer, mutter "oh please oh please oh please", you hold your breath, and flip to the next book and see that it's

Spoiler

rickroll-rick.gif.1072398d153c12caf024684cd8506f09.gif

Sadly, no comics viewed today. My colleague said the boxes are buried in a closet that he has crates of CD's packed in front of and he did not have the time to start digging them out to bring in today. But when updates on his stuff (and my other friend's mysterious box of comics) are available, I shall return!

On 5/26/2022 at 1:03 PM, Dr. Balls said:

A older guy walked into my shop (in 1996) with a box of key silver age ASMs, Silver Surfer, Thors, etc. i told him I didn’t have enough money to buy them and he said “that’s ok, I just want some new books”

So I gave him $600 in store credit, and he bought every Image variant, Shi, Gen13, Lady Death, etc thing that was hot in 1996. He left, never saw him again. He left me with a monumental silver age box of books.

i constantly dream about stumbling across a deal like that again. It will never happen, but always an enjoyable fantasy.

Maybe the box I am in store to see if the box of books he walked out of your store with lol

On 5/26/2022 at 11:28 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Maybe the box I am in store to see if the box of books he walked out of your store with lol

lol What a find! A box with Shi #1 signed by Bill Tucci, a Prophet variant cover and Youngblood #0!

On 5/26/2022 at 5:19 PM, shadroch said:

I'm on my way to see a collection in a few minutes. Guy bought a storage locker and it had three boxes of comics. Really big comics- which I take to mean treasuries, and he said there were ten cent comics up to $1. He thinks some are in their orignal plastic bags. He's eighty miles east of me, even further remote than I am so I doubt many buyers will go look at his stuff. 

:popcorn:

On 5/26/2022 at 4:19 PM, shadroch said:

I'm on my way to see a collection in a few minutes. Guy bought a storage locker and it had three boxes of comics. Really big comics- which I take to mean treasuries, and he said there were ten cent comics up to $1. He thinks some are in their orignal plastic bags. He's eighty miles east of me, even further remote than I am so I doubt many buyers will go look at his stuff. 

:wishluck:

On 5/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, shadroch said:

:wishluck:

On 5/26/2022 at 5:05 PM, Sillydiabetic said:

I’m going to guess that in said collection you’ll find an issue 3 and 4 of Smurfs, some DP7 with doubles, and an Amazing Spider Man 250.  

I'm imagining 80 miles east of LV as where Old Man Logan took place.  

On 5/26/2022 at 4:19 PM, shadroch said:

First edition comics still in their original plastic make my heart race.