• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Six Figure Club
11 11

273 posts in this topic

On 6/10/2024 at 2:37 AM, Pitboss said:
On 6/10/2024 at 2:21 AM, Dark Knight said:

That copy looks like it came out of a fireplace 

Or very moldy :sick:

... ... ...

CGC still graded it though?

I'm just getting back a regular modern sub back today I think, that there was 1 reject due to being sticky or a substance? Which sounds eww, but it wasn't a prescreen or anything they just refused to grade it ???

It and another book in the submission were both Australian Price Variants gifted me, one got slabbed and the other rejected and yet if it had mold, burnt, it'd be ok? lol 

Speaking of Goldin - the 2nd season of the Netflix show King of Collectibles just landed and in it he makes a deal for an Action #1 3.0 for a private buyer (who was giving up a Tec #27 6.5 and a an AF #15 8.5) for $1.825m cash and a $25k credit.    Who knows how this show was actually edited but it was supposed to have taken place around the time of NY Comic Con in 2023.   

I was anxious watching as they were sitting outside negotiating while the book was just laying cover up in the direct sunlight.  

On 6/15/2024 at 6:03 AM, DC# said:

Speaking of Goldin - the 2nd season of the Netflix show King of Collectibles just landed and in it he makes a deal for an Action #1 3.0 for a private buyer (who was giving up a Tec #27 6.5 and a an AF #15 8.5) for $1.825m cash and a $25k credit.    Who knows how this show was actually edited but it was supposed to have taken place around the time of NY Comic Con in 2023.   

I was anxious watching as they were sitting outside negotiating while the book was just laying cover up in the direct sunlight.  

That same Action 1 CGC 3.0 book sold on their website last year for $1.5 mil. Show appears to be scripted because supposedly in that episode, it was going to a private collector.

On 6/10/2024 at 9:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

... ... ...

CGC still graded it though?

I'm just getting back a regular modern sub back today I think, that there was 1 reject due to being sticky or a substance? Which sounds eww, but it wasn't a prescreen or anything they just refused to grade it ???

It and another book in the submission were both Australian Price Variants gifted me, one got slabbed and the other rejected and yet if it had mold, burnt, it'd be ok? lol 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8Ptg1KvoGp/

CGC ...hold my beer.

image.png.72bd317d27f7aebfc9d91620d7ab3b98.png

Thats a predigree some of us know all too well :whatev: 

On 6/15/2024 at 7:58 PM, Microchip said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8Ptg1KvoGp/

CGC ...hold my beer.

image.png.72bd317d27f7aebfc9d91620d7ab3b98.png

Thats a predigree some of us know all too well :whatev: 

Lol ya I had already made a thread about that haha, that is a widely known "pedigree with a "small amount of color touch" ha!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM