• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PCH noob here - help with etiquette to avoid lowballing.
1 1

44 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2022 at 9:51 AM, Robot Man said:

Yeah, I used to sell my life long collection of records on eBay as well. Often, stuff went WAY less than it should. When they raised the fees, I quit. Why records should have higher fees is beyond me? Maybe because EBay makes less on record sales?

I do local flea markets selling old comics, toys, sports stuff, advertising signs and all kinds of collectibles. I always bring a couple boxes of records. They sell REAL well. No taxes, fees or shipping.

And I live in CA. Talk about taxes? The sad part is, the folks that live here have voted to raise their own taxes!  Uniformed and lazy voters. (shrug) I feel I already pay way more than my fair share. 

I would love to have flea markets, but paying those California taxes? Yikes! 

On 6/1/2022 at 9:01 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I would love to have flea markets, but paying those California taxes? Yikes! 

You know, everything is always relative. You pay more taxes but people make more money. I saw a sign at Taco Bell offering $18-25 an hour the other day. I heard that trained lifeguards can make $150K per year. And still there are those who don’t want to work.

My brother moved to Missoula, MT a couple of years ago when he retired. Beautiful place. I have visited him there a few times. And very affordable. I would probably go stir crazy though.

I live by the beach. We have beautiful weather all year long. Big antique flea markets every weekend all year long. Lots of funky junk stores as well. Lots of concerts and sporting events. Very diverse culturally. Mountains, beaches and deserts within a few hours. Lots to do. I’m a city kid and a CA native. The positives far out weigh the negatives so far. Besides, I have no debt. We also have a cabin in Sedona, AZ when we need a break. 

On 6/1/2022 at 10:23 AM, Robot Man said:My brother moved to Missoula, MT a couple of years ago when he retired. Beautiful place. I have visited him there a few times. And very affordable. I would probably go stir crazy though.

The positives far out weigh the negatives so far. Besides, I have no debt. We also have a cabin in Sedona, AZ when we need a break. 

Missoula is probably the best culturally adaptive place in Montana. Tons of different stuff there, but as you get into the other towns, not as diverse. We live about 35 miles outside of Great Falls (where my wife and I grew up) and there is lots to do within a certain cultural environment. I miss the diversity that I enjoyed when living in NYC, but it’s an easy trade-off for me for ultra-peaceful living. We live the quiet life with our house on a creek, in the valley of the Little Belt mountains, and come into town for work. Like you said, when the positives outweigh the negatives (and with no debt - congrats on that accomplishment!) you can’t get much sweeter than that!

On 6/1/2022 at 12:23 PM, Robot Man said:

You know, everything is always relative. You pay more taxes but people make more money. I saw a sign at Taco Bell offering $18-25 an hour the other day. I heard that trained lifeguards can make $150K per year. And still there are those who don’t want to work.

My brother moved to Missoula, MT a couple of years ago when he retired. Beautiful place. I have visited him there a few times. And very affordable. I would probably go stir crazy though.

I live by the beach. We have beautiful weather all year long. Big antique flea markets every weekend all year long. Lots of funky junk stores as well. Lots of concerts and sporting events. Very diverse culturally. Mountains, beaches and deserts within a few hours. Lots to do. I’m a city kid and a CA native. The positives far out weigh the negatives so far. Besides, I have no debt. We also have a cabin in Sedona, AZ when we need a break. 

I love not paying state income tax and enjoy living in a less regulated state, but my favorite place in the US is So Cal hands down.  My youngest daughter wants to go to UCLA.