• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Sale of wide ranging books. <CLOSED>
6 6

294 posts in this topic

Underworld #1, DS Publishing,1948. Cover is really nice with the wear confined to the spine, and the back. Date in pencil in the "N" in Underworld, tearing at the staples, but still attached, staining back cover, interior showing some age around the edges. I think it's a 4.0, and presents nicer. Only 14 blue labels on the census.

$220

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Underworld #6, DS Publishing, 1949. This one is lower grade with the cover still attached, but precariously. Plenty of wear, spine split at the top about 2”, some interior damage. Seems like a 2.0 to me, but I would lean lower instead of higher on this. Only a single blue label on the census.

$50

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Unusual Tales #35, Charlton, 1962. Very sharp copy with minimal wear. There is a tiny corner crease bottom front right, a couple faint stains back, a little bit of spine wear. Great color and gloss. I have it at 8.0. No copies on the census as of now.

$35

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Yanks In Battle #2, Quality Comics, 1956. Solid and complete but lower grade copy. Creasing and edge wear, some paper missing from bottom right front corner, and back top middle. Stains back cover. Pages are very nice, and copy is well attached. Please review pics. I have it at 2.5 or maybe 3.0.

$15

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

The Spirit #4, Fiction House, 1953. This book is just beautiful. Great bondage cover, with spectacular colors and gloss. Flat, tight, complete with a great spine. TINY bit of edge wear (see above "A.N.C.", bottom right corner, and right below The Spirit's hind end), spectacular pages. 14 on the census, with four at 8.0 to top it. Feels like this has a great shot to be in that range, or possibly even half a step better.  One of the 8.0s sold June of '21 for $1,320.

$625

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Detective Comics #167, DC, 1951. BEAT but complete. Lots of spine damage/splitting/etc, and cover detached. Cover is still holding together in several places. Pieces missing. Nice colors in the body of the cover. Pages all there, and well attached. 1.5ish. 

$50

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Work is so intrusive on my comic book life...no guarantee I will get all six posted right now, but here is at least a couple.

Uncanny Tales #28, Atlas, 1955. Like a lot of my Atlas books in this thread, it's solid and complete, but lower grade. The front has general wear that might put it in the 4.5 range. However, sizable stain on the back cover that impacts the last several pages brings it down. I am calling it 3.5.

$65  **SOLD to @Dr. Balls**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Uncanny Tales #33, Atlas, 1955. Very solid and complete copy. Edge/spine wear to the front is the biggest issue. Nothing major to call out. Just a 67 year old book that has been read but pretty well cared for. I have it at 4.5.

$85

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Uncanny Tales #34, Atlas, 1955. This feels like a poster child for VG books that are 50+ years old. No major issues, but lots of general wear. No tears or major creases. Spine and edge wear along with basic aging bring it down to 4.0.

$65

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Uncanny Tales #43, Atlas, 1956. This book looks pretty decent in the mylar, but ~3" of cumulative spine split (maybe 2" at bottom, and 1" at top) along with some interior tanning to the edges bring it down. I am at 1.8 based on the splitting.

$35

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Uncanny Tales #48, Atlas, 1956. I love this red cover. Small corner piece missing front, some creasing and spine wear, along with edge wear (especially to bottom). Now…I am concerned this book may be trimmed. I am NOT convinced of it, and I am not an expert in determining trimming. It is nearly identical in size as the #43. But the right and top edges just don't present like the bottom. I don't know. Going with 3.0 with a possibility of trimming

$40  ** SOLD to @podboy66**

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman