• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash Gordon - Savior of the Universe
6 6

440 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2024 at 10:16 AM, OtherEric said:

"Flash can't resist fighting his way into Ming's trap!"

Fine, fine, but did you have to bring Dale and Zarkov along with you?  Seems like an unnecessary danger...  lol

On 3/22/2024 at 3:57 PM, OtherEric said:

It's surprising to me the character hasn't done better in US comics

I have to agree, even more so that a recent big budget movie has never been made, they seem to have revisited everything else.

I have all the old serials on video and DVD somewhere, I have to find and watch them again at some point, they remind me of Saturday morning local cinema in the early 70s, there would be a monster movie like Gorgo, followed by Flash/Buck and a few cartoons.

Great run of comics, its been good to see them altogether, I think I still need a few to match you (worship)

On 3/22/2024 at 8:57 AM, OtherEric said:

not that impressive

For me, it comes down to the repetitive nature of the adventures.  There are plenty of talented artists, but we need some PKD writing!  There's a Millar-verse book called Starlight which I enjoyed quite a bit that thematically matches FG.

On 5/7/2024 at 8:43 PM, MAR1979 said:

Gordon's ALIVE, Live, live.....

Brian Blessed Photo Cover!

FlashGordon33-signed.thumb.jpg.15f8c809ccfe9b9d9f3602b3ff8569a9.jpg

Now that CGC are going into unwitnessed verification, I may just send my #31 in for whatever label they put on an unwitnessed but verified book.

I really hope its not yellow as that would weaken the Yellow Label program.

FlashGordon310.jpg.caec7264ca165a270b92d7fd70d918df.jpg

On 5/7/2024 at 4:49 PM, Kevin.J said:

Now that CGC are going into unwitnessed verification, I may just send my #31 in for whatever label they put on an unwitnessed but verified book.

I really hope its not yellow as that would weaken the Yellow Label program.

FlashGordon310.jpg.caec7264ca165a270b92d7fd70d918df.jpg

the last 5 pages should catch you up. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 10:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

the last 5 pages should catch you up. 

I had just been speed reading it earlier but got bored and gave up, I do have some books I would like done but I doubt I ever will at this point really.

Edited by Kevin.J

I have a couple of long boxes full of Dynamic forces signed books from the 90s, some nice sigs in there, were useless until now, if ever I could be bothered :) 

Not sure how many CGC Green labels I have but lets say a few lol