• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's up with that?
1 1

23 posts in this topic

Seriously, what is the deal?  I send in a submission.  You get it, and that is fantastic.  Inside of the box with the invoice is an envelope with a big * that says "Enclosed Check".  Even though the check is there my credit card gets charged for the same amount as the check.  I call and you tell me the check must have gotten thrown out. Then a few days later low and behold it gets cashed.   I call accounting and while they are very nice about it, they make it seem like this happens all of the time.

Today another submission with a check and a big * and of course my credit card gets charged again.  So, it looks like we have to do this dance all over again. 

What's Up With That?

On 6/8/2022 at 7:04 PM, toro said:

Seriously, what is the deal?  I send in a submission.  You get it, and that is fantastic.  Inside of the box with the invoice is an envelope with a big * that says "Enclosed Check".  Even though the check is there my credit card gets charged for the same amount as the check.  I call and you tell me the check must have gotten thrown out. Then a few days later low and behold it gets cashed.   I call accounting and while they are very nice about it, they make it seem like this happens all of the time.

Today another submission with a check and a big * and of course my credit card gets charged again.  So, it looks like we have to do this dance all over again. 

What's Up With That?

I feel the same way, but with my cc and the membership credit towards a submission that I admittedly hurriedly sent out today :ohnoez:

But that's nothing compared to be charged twice eek!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/8/2022 at 8:56 PM, ExNihilo said:

Why are you paying via check in the first place?  Gotta get those sweet sweet credit card points.

frankly, because they take forever and it is passive aggressive to freeze the cc on file and send a check that will no longer be valid when they finally try to cash it?

just sayin', that's what I heard some people might be doing :whistle:

On 6/8/2022 at 8:56 PM, ExNihilo said:

Why are you paying via check in the first place?  Gotta get those sweet sweet credit card points.

My card will probably expire before they get to some of these submissions.

I must be missing something. 

You say "Inside of the box with the invoice is an envelope with a big * that says "Enclosed Check".  Even though the check is there..." - this tells me there is a check in the envelope.  Is it your check being returned UN-cashed?  Was it electronically deposited and returned to you for some reason?  Is it a CGC check made out to you?  No clarification.

Then they tell you that the check must have gotten thrown out, but you say it IS in the envelope.  Is there a check, or not?

How did the check in the envelope, which you say is there, get cashed a few days later?  Electronically by CGC, or someone else?

I presume you are trying to say that you paid by credit card (not your choice) and they cashed your check, too.  And then returned the deposited check???

They do this to me all the time, which is why I lock the card they have on file. They then send me invoices for payment, to which I respond that there's a check enclosed the the books. This happens for a week or two until they miraculously find and cash the check.

They really need to get their :censored: together.

Edited by Chaz G.

Does CGC, or any business, have a legal right to keep a customer’s credit card “on file?” If a check was sent in, there should not have been any credit card involved at all.

I’ve sent a few checks recently for this exact reason. I guess I’m going to need to check my credit card I  have used with them in the last.

On 6/9/2022 at 1:23 AM, Lightning55 said:

I must be missing something. 

You say "Inside of the box with the invoice is an envelope with a big * that says "Enclosed Check".  Even though the check is there..." - this tells me there is a check in the envelope.  Is it your check being returned UN-cashed?  Was it electronically deposited and returned to you for some reason?  Is it a CGC check made out to you?  No clarification.

Then they tell you that the check must have gotten thrown out, but you say it IS in the envelope.  Is there a check, or not?

How did the check in the envelope, which you say is there, get cashed a few days later?  Electronically by CGC, or someone else?

I presume you are trying to say that you paid by credit card (not your choice) and they cashed your check, too.  And then returned the deposited check???

I send a check for the amount that is owed for that submission.  It inside of the envelope that is on top of the invoice.  I was tired of them randomly charging my credit card.  One day they charged it for 6 submissions at once and they had all been sent months apart.

Edited by toro

On 6/8/2022 at 7:04 PM, toro said:

I call accounting and while they are very nice about it, they make it seem like this happens all of the time.

Their accounts receivable processes are incompetent at best and near criminal.  I have had to mention calling the State Attorney General to get them to stop charging the wrong credit card for orders.

90% of the orders I send in get charged to one credit card.  Occasionally I will submit some books for a customer and they will use their own credit card.  CGC seems to think it's just fine to charge whatever card was last used for any future orders.  Just last month I put in 9 orders and had $6600 of about $9000 in charges get charged to a customer's card  WHO WAS NOT INVOLVED in the transaction at all.  For some reason they just to decided to start charging a different card despite the fact that all 9 orders had identical credit card information on it. 

The month before they did a similar thing.  A prescreen order was shipped and they just randomly charged someone else for it.  Fortunately that person was a friend and I was able to explain to them just how inept CGC's accounting is.  CGC finally got it straightened out but only after me having to call them multiple times.  Truly WTF!

On 6/9/2022 at 7:24 AM, toro said:

I send a check for the amount that is owed for that submission.  It inside of the envelope that is on top of the invoice.  I was tired of them randomly charging my credit card.  One day they charged it for 6 submissions at once and they had all been sent months apart.

I was also randomly charged for various low dollar amounts, with absolutely no explanation at all. That's when I locked my card and started sending checks.

On 6/9/2022 at 9:16 AM, electricprune said:

@greggy Can you explain the voodoo you use to get all accounting errors on your account corrected immediately?

On 6/9/2022 at 9:21 AM, Stronguy said:

#James Bond from Yo! Black Pop Culture

Orlando.thumb.jpg.cd3ea8b600a899276391abc5309cfa59.jpg