• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Tim Sale
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Bill Sienkiewicz just posted on his FB that Tim Sale has passed away.  :cry:

Great artist.  Loved his work on Long Halloween and Dark Victory as well as Spider-Man: Blue and Hulk: Grey.

I always thought he drew the best Catwoman.  

Edited by chrisco37
spelling

I’d like to wipe 2022 right off the freaking calendar 😢 

One of the nicest guys I ever met. I watched him work on commissions while sitting at conventions. A wondrous creator who will be missed.

RIP Tim 🙏 

I'm very sad to see this news.

Met Tim in a french convention 25 years ago. A very nice guy. He took the time to make me a very beautiful drawing I still cherish today. I will cherish this drawing even more now.

A giant.

Edited by Ecclectica

Tim will be missed - both as an artist and a human being. He was just good to people which is not always the case any more. He always made time to chat and loved to draw for his fans. Here is a snip of my only commission experience (although we chatted a few times online). 

https://thejadegiant.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/tim-sale-hulk-commission-determination-pays-off-with-video-and-pictures/

I'm really bummed about Tim's passing. I knew him better than many other artists and it was always great to talk to him at cons.

As many of you might know from my origin story, a Tim Sale sketch and publish page were my first OA

My first sketch - Wolverine

My first published page: Superman for All Seasons

Of course I have gotten many other great pieces from him since (including 2 covers on the way and not posted yet):

Link to all my Tim Sale pieces

My condolences again to his family and friends.  He will be missed.

Malvin

Hey Marvin, way back at SDCC I had Tim draw Batman (gave it away as a gift) Superman(in my gallery) and Wolverine. I’m 99% sure you’re Wolverine is the same one I sold on eBay many years ago :-)

He was the nicest man. As popular as he was getting, I still had amazing access to him at the DC booth. He was an original. And he was polite and kind. I loved watching him draw.

RIP Tim