• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When was Superman first unequivocally depicted as flying in a comic book?
4 4

85 posts in this topic

since he's super fast he can literally swim thru the air and thats flyin.

On 6/20/2022 at 3:51 PM, kav said:

since he's super fast he can literally swim thru the air and thats flyin.

In the pre-flying days he wasn't that fast.  He was only "terrifyingly" fast (I believe that's how they put it).

On 6/20/2022 at 1:57 PM, Stronguy said:

In the pre-flying days he wasn't that fast.  He was only "terrifyingly" fast (I believe that's how they put it).

yeah that wont cut it for atmosphere flyin.

On 6/20/2022 at 3:37 PM, kav said:

whenever superman lost his powers he did dumb stuff like try to fight normal when his fortress is loaded up with legion flight rings, force field belts, an array of beam weapons-
stupid.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to reach a fortress in a frozen wasteland after you're lost your powers? It's no fun, let me tell you!

On 6/20/2022 at 2:27 PM, Lazyboy said:

Do you have any idea how hard it is to reach a fortress in a frozen wasteland after you're lost your powers? It's no fun, let me tell you!

supergirl would take 'im or retrieve the stuff or he could aks green lantern.  he also still has access to his superman robots.

On 6/21/2022 at 5:17 AM, MAR1979 said:

I'm more concerned with 1940/41  plausibility of the last panel.

Why are they spelling 'surprise' wrong? That's not an American thing is it? Is that an archaic spelling? 

On 6/21/2022 at 5:07 AM, Cat said:

Why are they spelling 'surprise' wrong? That's not an American thing is it? Is that an archaic spelling? 

in 1940/41 the video monitoring of Superman on the Plane

On 6/20/2022 at 3:17 PM, MAR1979 said:

I'm more concerned with 1940/41  plausibility of the last panel.

Edited by MAR1979

It might be easier if they would define their terms more specifically in line with the terms used in the books, like, "the first appearance of a swoop," "the first appearance of a controlled descent into a crater or volcano," etc.

On 6/23/2022 at 2:33 PM, Axe Elf said:

It might be easier if they would define their terms more specifically in line with the terms used in the books, like, "the first appearance of a swoop," "the first appearance of a controlled descent into a crater or volcano," etc.

Two dicey. 

On 6/20/2022 at 5:27 PM, Lazyboy said:

You’d freeze your super balls off!