• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

11 books I just acquired
2 2

14 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2022 at 7:47 AM, cigars&comix said:
Picked up this mini collection this week. No its not an illusion, there are 4 copies of FF #49 in this set.
Dont get too excited, the FF 48 has cutouts inside but a near perfect cover.
Will be posting individually in PGM thread soon!
you can view the video here

COLLAGE (3).jpg

What were the circumstances?

Cool books! However, if you're going to start a dedicated thread just to talk about 11 comic books you picked up, you shouldn't be surprised if people are looking for more of a story. Otherwise you could have just put them in the "This Week in Your Collection" thread.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:47 PM, F For Fake said:

Cool books! However, if you're going to start a dedicated thread just to talk about 11 comic books you picked up, you shouldn't be surprised if people are looking for more of a story. Otherwise you could have just put them in the "This Week in Your Collection" thread.

that is a good point. I didnt know that thread existed. I dont come on these forums so often. Anyway to move it now?

On 6/23/2022 at 2:50 PM, cigars&comix said:

that is a good point. I didnt know that thread existed. I dont come on these forums so often. Anyway to move it now?

Moderation could probably move them for you, but it's probably not necessary. Just be prepared for folks wanting to know how you found this cool little stack. We live for those stories! Please, we need some entertainment!

On 6/23/2022 at 3:14 PM, kav said:

look just tell us how you got the books!  :pullhair:

ok ok -  A woman contacted me that her husband had past away last year and he was a collector. After her mourning period she decided to look into his large collection. With the help of some friends she was able to assess the value of the collection to a degree. She decided to test the waters and go looking for a buyer to take her top picks which are these 11 books. She found me because I have my name out on Social Media that I buy books. I will not disclose what I paid, but it was below market value and she knew it and was ok with it. We were both happy. Hopefully she will sell me the rest. She is not in a rush.

On 6/23/2022 at 3:55 PM, cigars&comix said:

ok ok -  A woman contacted me that her husband had past away last year and he was a collector. After her mourning period she decided to look into his large collection. With the help of some friends she was able to assess the value of the collection to a degree. She decided to test the waters and go looking for a buyer to take her top picks which are these 11 books. She found me because I have my name out on Social Media that I buy books. I will not disclose what I paid, but it was below market value and she knew it and was ok with it. We were both happy. Hopefully she will sell me the rest. She is not in a rush.

Are you on Instagram?  If so, what is your name?