• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decided to Quit Commissions from Artists…
1 1

63 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 9:24 AM, Jeffery Harnett said:

You stated that the response ("got something similar from Joe's "guy") was similar to Michael Browning's comments about not getting his monies back if any harm should come to the artist. Also to send the money ASAP,etc.. You said you received something back saying to go through the rep which has nothing to do with any policy demands.

My policy has Always been we accept no money up front and Only when the collector is Next do I ask for full payment. When that payment is received Joe actually starts on that Illustration so they get it in a timely manner. If for Any reason the request was not met we would refund all monies. I have been doing this for years and the collector's who have dealt with us have been very happy and many came back for more. I am a collector myself so I deal with other collector's like I would hope to be.

I just did not want to be lumped in with those sort of conditions which we do not do. Hope you can understand my concern in this matter.

I understand what you are saying and no way did I insinuate in any way that you were not on the level.

I didn't implore further on getting artwork from Mr. Giella (as I was hoping to meet to and get something done at a convention and not through the mail) and simply questioned whether the person who received demands (and questionable agent tactics of demanding payment in an unconventional manner) was in fact the agent of the artist, perhaps yourself.

I wasn't making any judgments to your character or your business practices.

I apologize if it came off that way.

On 7/28/2022 at 10:25 AM, Monstertruck97 said:

I understand what you are saying and no way did I insinuate in any way that you were not on the level.

I didn't implore further on getting artwork from Mr. Giella (as I was hoping to meet to and get something done at a convention and not through the mail) and simply questioned whether the person who received demands (and questionable agent tactics of demanding payment in an unconventional manner) was in fact the agent of the artist, perhaps yourself.

I wasn't making any judgments to your character or your business practices.

I apologize if it came off that way.

Thanks so much. I just did not want people to think things that we do not do. Much Appreciated.

Losing out via e-mail sucks, but not as bad as traveling to a con and then dashing to the table and realizing you didn't make it, or got beat out by dealers, or worse you make the list but you're far down.  Or you're unsure if the artist is going to get to you and you check back every day that weekend and in the end, they don't get to you.  At least with e-mail, you don't have to deal with all that, and get the yes/no decision fairly quickly.