• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage September 2022 comic and art auction
3 3

597 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2022 at 7:41 AM, vodou said:

Catch them while you can, because everything art will have at least one zero and maybe two added 10 years from today.

"Great news, honey - the kids' college is all taken care of and we can just sit on the beach and drink champagne for the next 40 years!"

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n9uegj73wq93zxclcr`

On 7/10/2022 at 6:21 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Doubtful, but you can’t see an unpublicized drop of 25%? 

Didn't you get the memo? Only hobbies populated by backwards-baseball cap wearing cretins can ever see any decline in prices. 

On 7/11/2022 at 1:36 PM, kbmcvay said:

JIM 108 page 3 just sold in the last auction and is now for sale again in this one. I was the underbidder on it in the last auction but I won't be bidding this time since I got my Kirby/Stone fix elsewhere. Good luck to the seller, I guess.

Jack Kirby and Chic Stone Journey into Mystery #108 Story Page 3 | Lot #93068 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

Jack Kirby and Chic Stone Journey into Mystery #108 Story Page | LotID #155001 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

It didn't meet the reserve last time so it didn't sell. Guess they punted to the next auction?

On 7/11/2022 at 2:39 PM, Twanj said:

It didn't meet the reserve last time so it didn't sell. Guess they punted to the next auction?

Ah. I grabbed the wrong page. I see what I did.

Edited by kbmcvay

On 7/11/2022 at 2:59 PM, kbmcvay said:

Was there a reserve? It says it sold for $22,800 on June 16, 2022. During the live bidding there was no indication that a reserve wasn't met and that it went unsold.

This is the page that says it went unsold but I guess the deal must've fallen through.

Jack Kirby and Chic Stone Journey into Mystery #108 Story Page 12 | Lot #93077 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

I may be confused but the one you linked to before that sold for $22,800 is a different page from the one that didn't meet reserve.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:14 PM, Twanj said:

I may be confused but the one you linked to before that sold for $22,800 is a different page from the one that didn't meet reserve.

Yep. I just realized that. My mistake. 

On 7/11/2022 at 3:16 PM, kbmcvay said:

Yep. I just realized that. My mistake. 

I did the same thing! I noticed it was back up for auction then looked for the old sale & realized it didn't sell.

The coloring between the 2 scans is...different.

Edited by Twanj
scan color

On 7/11/2022 at 3:20 PM, Twanj said:

I did the same thing! I noticed it was back up for auction then looked for the old sale & realized it didn't sell.

I guess that was bound to happen with a whole story going up. Glad I wasn't alone!

On 7/11/2022 at 12:33 PM, delekkerste said:

Didn't you get the memo? Only hobbies populated by backwards-baseball cap wearing cretins can ever see any decline in prices. 

Never forget the wisdom of the Masters Ramone:

One-two-three-four, cretins want to hop some more; Four-five-six-seven, all good cretins go to heaven.

On 7/9/2022 at 10:10 AM, oldwhy said:

Speaking of Sandman, I'm really curious to see where this one lands. Been awhile since one of his full collage/mixed media covers hit the open market 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/dave-mckean-sandman-5-mister-miracle-cover-original-art-dc-1989-/p/7279-30002.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Edited by Legion of Goom

On 7/11/2022 at 12:30 PM, delekkerste said:

"Great news, honey - the kids' college is all taken care of and we can just sit on the beach and drink champagne for the next 40 years!"

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47n9uegj73wq93zxclcr`

Bezos will need look out when my Archie art coin starts flowing in.

And I love the typical bit of self-deprecating humor in the creators' boxes..."Sam Rosen...Letterer of 'Patsy Walker'?!"  Every time they go hyperbolic, they puncture their own balloon with a bit of irony.

Oh, and the art is spectacular.  Who wouldn't want Spidey, JJJ, and the Goblin?

Dan