• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage September 2022 comic and art auction
3 3

593 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2022 at 9:42 PM, RICKYBOBBY said:

Yup 100%. If @Humpty-Dumpty thinks the world is collapsing the last place you should be posting and worrying about is the original comic art market on these boards.
You might as well start stock piling food and water and sell all your assets of any kind and any value.

Thanks.

Edited by Humpty-Dumpty
Words

Xatari makes a good point that you can’t assume at cash out time there will be an unlimited pool of like minded collectors trampling each other to make you rich.

But for me collecting comic art for 26 years now has made me rich in spirit. Anything else that comes from it is extra.

On 8/9/2022 at 1:20 AM, Xatari said:

You are not disappointing me in any way. I have a solid track track record calculated risk. My background in finance so I constantly analyze trend analysis, risk mitigation, and opportunity cost. 

People say “buy what you love”. This is true if you are content with no exit strategy. For those who want to both love what they have and have a viable exit strategy if needed, this is not the best advice. These need not be mutually exclusive. If you want to be able to get out in an emergency, buy what you and others widely love or will love later on.

I have seen people talk about their selling their collection down the road with the current collector market in mind. If you think you are selling in 20 years to this collector group, you may want to rethink your strategy. A wise collector considers who is buying in their sales timeframe. If one thinks they may exit in 20 years, they should think through the pieces and characters who are relevant to that generational collecting group. 

This is where a collector like Thom Fish was WAY ahead of the curve in his early buying. 

Again, I love the art I own and have personal attachment, but I can acknowledge there may be a day when other priorities in life may constitute a need or desire to sell pieces from my collection. That’s just reality for most of us. 

What was Thom FIsh buying way before the curve?

On 8/9/2022 at 7:34 AM, Xatari said:

First appearances of characters like Deadpool and Miles Morales. 

Holy crap!!

I just checked Thomas fish's CAF.  Gallery🤯

X-Men 1 Jim Lee cover, xfactor 1 cover, infinity gauntlet 1 cover, hulk 180 first wolverine page, X-Men 1 two pages, ASM 122 SPLASH, MS 5 splash amongst many other grail pieces

This guy's collection is up there with Eric roberts👌

How old is Thomas fish?

On 8/9/2022 at 4:12 AM, drdonaldblake1 said:

Holy crap!!

I just checked Thomas fish's CAF.  Gallery🤯

X-Men 1 Jim Lee cover, xfactor 1 cover, infinity gauntlet 1 cover, hulk 180 first wolverine page, X-Men 1 two pages, ASM 122 SPLASH, MS 5 splash amongst many other grail pieces

This guy's collection is up there with Eric roberts👌

How old is Thomas fish?

And that doesn't include the stuff he's recently sold.