• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS 5 - TITLE TBD (TBD)
8 8

365 posts in this topic

I really wish they'd sign Kristin Ritter and Mike Colter so they can have Jessica Jones and Luke Cage along with Daredevil.I feel like the MCU is really missing an opportunity to focus on the "street level heroes" in a New Avengers type of setting. When it was Doctor Strange, Luke Cage Jessica, Spidey, Wolverine, Echo and Bucky/Winter Soldier those were some of the greatest tales Marvel ever made IMO. Bendis really hit it out of the park with New Avengers and Daredevil.

On 7/24/2022 at 6:25 PM, Sauce Dog said:

They had him in the trailer for Antman but he was mostly in the shadow and when he did appear did not have any headgear (so looked like he was in Loki), though the poster hinted at his final look.

ant-man-3-poster-1658617541.jpg.b9c4ef735e3774459f4cf6a0a2a0682e.jpg

I saw an interview that I thought they said he was on stage or on video...(shrug) I guess not.

On 7/24/2022 at 6:39 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I saw an interview that I thought they said he was on stage or on video...(shrug) I guess not.

I believe only the High Evolutionary showed up in costume.

Well - and someone else. :banana:

dwayne-johnson-comic-con2022-scaled.jpg.a700a8807d2d3b17c336f47598c46859.jpg

On 7/24/2022 at 6:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

I believe only the High Evolutionary showed up in costume.

Well - and someone else. :banana:

dwayne-johnson-comic-con2022-scaled.jpg.a700a8807d2d3b17c336f47598c46859.jpg

I like The Rock but he is in too much.  He should try doing a serious action movie, no raised eyebrow, no comedy. Like Arnold in Predator or Terminator.

On 7/24/2022 at 3:39 PM, Xenosmilus said:

SDCC video showed Kang walking on stage in a stylish 3/4 robe. Looking forward to trilogy of MCU films linking Kang to Dr. Doom then backwards to Rama-tut timeline vs. newer Avengers team (Ms. Marvel, Kamala Kahn, lady Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Iron Heart, She-Thor, and the Wasp) with a cameo by Mrs. and Mrs. Valkyrie (King and Queen).

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 7/24/2022 at 8:25 PM, aardvark88 said:

SDCC video showed Kang walking on stage in a stylish 3/4 robe. Looking forward to trilogy of MCU films linking Kang to Dr. Doom then backwards to Rama-tut timeline vs. newer Avengers team (Ms. Marvel, Kamala Kahn, lady Hawkeye, She-Hulk, Iron Heart, She-Thor, and the Wasp) with a cameo by Mrs. and Mrs. Valkyrie (King and Queen).

What, no post-Secret Invasion Spider-Woman?

On 7/24/2022 at 7:11 PM, PeterPark said:

What, no post-Secret Invasion Spider-Woman?

House of Ideas saving Spider-Gwen, Peter Porker and Secret Invasion Spider-Woman for the Kang trilogy end credit previews ... of course. :womanhero:

I as well am a lifeling Marvel fan, and I was never a Kang fan at all.  Not really looking forward to ther rest of this phase, especially with what's been released so far.  I'll still watch though ;)

On 7/25/2022 at 11:40 AM, davidpg said:

I as well am a lifeling Marvel fan, and I was never a Kang fan at all.  Not really looking forward to ther rest of this phase, especially with what's been released so far.  I'll still watch though ;)

I only liked Kang after seeing him in one of the Avengers cartoons from around 5 to 10 years ago. I'm not into this phase either but will likely skip a lot of this phase unless my wife really wants to watch something. We both love Loki but neither one of us were fans of his show. We both greatly disliked Majors appearance as Kang in Loki. It was just the spoon cherry on top of an already disappointing series for us.  I kind of figured since there are so many other versions of Kang (this was noted in Loki) that someone else would be cast in the role for the actual MCU films. We both found Majors so obnoxious with his appearance in Loki that I can see both of us just skipping much of this phase, especially if DIS keeps producing underwhelming garbage for Disney+ and theaters.  

On 7/24/2022 at 7:25 PM, aardvark88 said:

Not even one token male on the new Avengers team?

This is all interesting but the MCU is starting to pivot to plotlines and characters I'm not too familiar with. Will still watch but wondering if there's going to be a dip in interest. Usually I saw movies the first week but still haven't seen the new Thor. Maybe I need a bit of a MCU break to renew interest. 

On 7/24/2022 at 8:24 AM, Readcomix said:

I’m the opposite; never much liked any Kang story I read over the years; he’s the most overrated “big” Marvel villain, in the actual funny books, IMHO. But but but he could be entirely different in the hands of the MCU, and for me there is nowhere to go but up with him, so I have no reason to not be optimistic if I set my notions of him as a comics character aside. (Kinda neat that it’s reasonable to do that with a movie based on comics, as he could well be very different.)

Now, just in case my loooongshot prediction comes true, so I can say ya heard it here first….I know it’s slim chances, but I cannot shake the feeling that we are gonna get the Marvel western heroes in a brief scene, a la the Avengers #142 story, within whatever greater story they tell. And I keep thinking it results in a Hawkeye/Two-Gun Kid Disney+ show. Crazy longshot but I’m putting it out there because I can’t shake the idea, though it’s probably not worth 2c

I am thinking more along the lines of different avengers teams, a la Avengers Forever series. That was a great story!

On 7/25/2022 at 1:27 PM, Drummy said:

I was never a Kang fan until I read Kurt Busiek's many-issue run in Avengers Vol. 3 that became 'The Kang Dynasty'.  Loved it, and hope they use the bones of that storyline in their films.

And if you're looking for a good TPB recommendation, it's this one!

See the source image

Just ordered the book thanks!