• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS 5 - TITLE TBD (TBD)
8 8

365 posts in this topic

Jonathan Majors' Potential Kang Replacement: New Rumor Points to Actor Type Being Eyed

A new report revealed the kind of actor the MCU could look for if it had to replace Kang the Conqueror actor Jonathan Majors. 

After recently having made his Marvel Studios theatrical debut earlier this year in Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania, Majors - whose Multiversal villain is being touted as the next big bad of the franchise - found himself in hot water after being arrested for alleged assault. 

The actor remains adamant that "he's done nothing wrong," but that has not stopped Marvel Studios from "discuss[ing] potential options going forward" with the actor, something that could eventually result in Kang being fully recast. 

I did not like Kang in Quantumania so honestly i hope they do recast him: to a better villain. We have seen him defeated/killed already the last time by a bunch of ants. Having multiple copies of the same character doesn't make him more threatening or interesting.

On 4/16/2023 at 9:54 AM, Artboy99 said:

I did not like Kang in Quantumania so honestly i hope they do recast him: to a better villain. We have seen him defeated/killed already the last time by a bunch of ants. Having multiple copies of the same character doesn't make him more threatening or interesting.

Rumors of both recasting or shifting villains have been circulating.  The most likely, if it were to happen, would be saying all Kangs do not look the same.  Still think this is very much jumping to conclusions. Innocent till proven guilty.

Jonathan Majors & Manager Entertainment 360 Part Ways; Actor Facing Domestic Violence Allegations In NYC

Talent manager Entertainment 360 have dropped Jonathan Majors, several sources tell us. The recent move by Majors’ longtime manager comes three weeks after the Magazine Dreams star was arrested on domestic violence charges in New York City.

Currently starring in Creed III and Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania, Majors’ exit from Entertainment 360 was due to issues of the actors’ personal behavior, we are informed.

Majors’ representation problems don’t stop with Entertainment 360. PR folks, the Lede Company, also initiated a break with the Avengers actor in the last month.

Edited by Bosco685

On 4/16/2023 at 9:54 AM, Artboy99 said:

Kang, the character, is incredibly inconsistent and therefor it's maybe impossible for audiences to grasp any sort of power level or threat.

Majors was fantastic, though, and there are very few guys out there that command the same screen presence.

On 4/17/2023 at 9:04 PM, Bosco685 said:

Majors is screwed at this point. If innocent, he's basically getting Ray Fisher'ed (screwed out of a role he's great at due to PR).

So far, Majors’ lawyer has only produced texts from the girlfriend saying the altercation was her fault and she shouldn’t have tried to grab his phone. Besides her minor injuries, that’s all the public has. And a person known to you who is trying to get your phone is no excuse to use harmful force on that person. I feel that may have been what happened, that Majors went a little overboard in trying to keep his emotionally upset girlfriend away from him and his phone. And if that’s the case, the guilt lies with him.

The further this matter festers and time ticks away closer to production dates, Studios like Disney might feel they have to make a decision on the actor. If Majors gets cancelled, what a waste. What a talent. Besides Loki, I think he was rumored to be set for the Shang-Chi sequel and of course Kang Dynasty, where like Thanos in Infinity War, Kang was probably going to end up being the protagonist. 

On 4/18/2023 at 5:38 PM, Bosco685 said:

I forgot the rule the bigger the picture, the more credible the story. doh!

image.thumb.png.84dfcb66301c2b258b2aa6f672fa1b76.png

Posts from an iPhone apparently don't show you the relative size of a photo in a post, yeah that's kinda big, fixed it.

Anyway, the actual difference between the above story about Majors and his Management Company parting ways, versus the leak about Disney officially discussing Majors' replacement versus the anti-leak about Disney officially not yet discussing Majors' replacement is that the first story has been substantiated as reliable news and has been reported by reliable ENTERTAINMENT tabloid news outlets like Variety, Hollywood Reporter, and Fox News. The Disney officially discussing Majors' replacement story comes from unreliable rumorist Jeff Sneider, which has in turn been reported by all the 4th tier click bait internet nerd news outlets you can name off the top of your head. The third "headline" I posted is just some meme from social media I found which is just as reliable or unreliable as anything Sneider "reports".

It's common sense that the folks at Marvel would be worried about the Majors issue and its implications for the future, but I say Sneider's "leak" about Disney and Marvel officially looking at possible replacements for Kang is BS.

On 4/18/2023 at 7:46 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Posts from an iPhone apparently don't show you the relative size of a photo in a post, yeah that's kinda big, fixed it.

Anyway, the actual difference between the above story about Majors and his Management Company parting ways, versus the leak about Disney officially discussing Majors' replacement versus the anti-leak about Disney officially not yet discussing Majors' replacement is that the first story has been substantiated as reliable news and has been reported by reliable ENTERTAINMENT tabloid news outlets like Variety, Hollywood Reporter, and Fox News. The Disney officially discussing Majors' replacement story comes from unreliable rumorist Jeff Sneider, which has in turn been reported by all the 4th tier click bait internet nerd news outlets you can name off the top of your head. The third "headline" I posted is just some meme from social media I found which is just as reliable or unreliable as anything Sneider "reports".

It's common sense that the folks at Marvel would be worried about the Majors issue and its implications for the future, but I say Sneider's "leak" about Disney and Marvel officially looking at possible replacements for Kang is BS.

Thanks for sharing

:drumroll:

One of the rumors on Twitter this morning was that Disney is trying to figure out how to hold off on announcing a replacement for Majors until after Loki 2, which reportedly finished filming six months ago.

But umm...yeah - when your agency and PR firm opt to drop you - it's not good.

They're likely privy to knowledge that isn't yet known to the general public.