• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS 5 - TITLE TBD (TBD)
8 8

365 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2023 at 8:39 PM, alexgross.com said:

picture this: AVENGERS 5: THE RETURN OF THANOS!!!! 

i know, i know. but it's the last marvel villain that i found compelling in a big way. i miss infinity war and endgame even more now. 

Turns out it was a clone all along, just like Palpatine.  Get Abrams on the phone!!

On 12/18/2023 at 8:52 PM, VintageComics said:

He plays guitar with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry in Hollywood Vampires. He's been in that band for years. 

Ah, okay. I wouldn't call that "world famous" (like, say, Aerosmith) but those two have the cred. :smile:

On 12/18/2023 at 6:10 PM, 1Cool said:

I don’t think the “minor” offenses will haunt him forever.  He obviously wont be working for Marvel any longer but he is young and I’m sure we will see him in stuff in the future.

I think it's possible.  He's a genuine talent.  But it will probably require some self-reflection and commitment to change that he hasn't shown he's willing to do yet.  

If he sticks with "I'm the victim here.  I didn't do anything wrong, she's just a liar and the world is out to get me," then he probably won't be working for a while.  

On 12/19/2023 at 11:15 AM, Axelrod said:

I think it's possible.  He's a genuine talent.  But it will probably require some self-reflection and commitment to change that he hasn't shown he's willing to do yet.  

If he sticks with "I'm the victim here.  I didn't do anything wrong, she's just a liar and the world is out to get me," then he probably won't be working for a while.  

The narcissistic attitude he shows in the audio clip where he calls himself a great man that is doing great things for his community, is nauseating. This is almost more damaging than the actual verdict.

On 12/20/2023 at 8:10 AM, drotto said:

The narcissistic attitude he shows in the audio clip where he calls himself a great man that is doing great things for his community, is nauseating. This is almost more damaging than the actual verdict.

All of them parrot the Hollywood diatribe these days.    

I've not heard a word out of any of them that I felt was their own for years now.    

On 1/28/2024 at 7:31 AM, Bosco685 said:

Being recast only to wrap up the storyline as quick as possible and move on.  I believe the original plan was to utilize Kang a bit more, so they had written themselves into a corner, and this was they only way out apparently. Now they are going to defeat him (again), and be done with it. They really screwed up Kang and the multiverse, but likely felt they needed it to incorporate the FOX properties.

Edited by drotto

Just over a year ago, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania was set to take Marvel Studios to the next level. A new villain was going to be introduced, setting the stage for several years’ worth of storytelling. And the movie itself was a giant-sizing of a franchise that was previously modest in scope. Instead, the Peyton Reed-directed movie heralded a year’s worth of missteps, box office blunders and PR nightmares. It was all uncharted territory for Marvel, which had steadily been generating box office gold for 15 years. 

But the Disney division is in the midst of a pretty darn good February, all things considered, despite the general gloom that surrounds the superhero genre as of late. The Super Bowl trailer for Deadpool & Wolverine became the most watched trailer of all time, with 365 million views in 24 hours. Yes, Disney’s math includes the 123 million people who tuned in for the game, which included just 30 seconds of the trailer, but Super Bowl fudging or not, the clip’s reach was an encouraging number for a studio whose last movie, The Marvels, became the lowest-grossing in the MCU’s 33-film run, hitting just $206 million globally. 

These public-facing moves come as studio boss Kevin Feige recalibrates the creative direction behind the scenes. Early in February, the company completed reshoots for Agatha: Darkhold Diaries, the WandaVision spinoff starring Kathryn Hahn that is expected to hit Disney+ this fall. The company usually budgets five days of reshoots into the schedule, but the studio completed the work in just one, fueling a sunny outlook around the show internally, according to sources associated with the series. 

The studio also quietly hired Eric Pearson to polish the script for Fantastic Four, which will shoot this summer in London. Pearson is a company stalwart who worked on Thor: Ragnarok and Black Widow and has a reputation for taking projects over the finish line. The stakes for that movie are high, as the studio is still searching for characters and actors who can carry its universe forward after the exits of Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans. 

Marvel also hired Joanna Calo, the showrunner of acclaimed FX series The Bear, to work on the script for Thunderbolts, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The film will begin shooting in March in Atlanta. Her hiring adds a flair of prestige to the project, which stars Florence Pugh and — according to a source who has read previous drafts of the script — centers on villains and antiheroes going on a mission that was supposed to end with their deaths. 

On 2/21/2024 at 2:32 PM, Bosco685 said:

This was my expectation as well when he was being investigated. Unlike Rhody who had only recently been introduced and wasn't a significant part of the story arc yet, Kang's character as a villain had already been fully fleshed out by Quantumanias end and was found to be...underwhelming and overly complicated. I mean, he got beat by ant-man. How was he supposed to match up against the new/remaining avengers especially Capt Marvel and Thor?

Multiverse fatigue has set in and what Marvel appears to have failed to realize is that the Multiverse should only have been used as a means to an end not the end goal. It should only have been used as a vehicle to introduce/bring in the Fox properties and not the whole point of Phase 5/6. Though I am curious to read the original script.

Unfortunately Marvel chose to go right into infinity war which was arguably Marvel's most popular crossover showdown event next to secret wars. 

The only real remaining Baddies that can stand up to all these heroes are possibly Galactus. The Celestials, the Beyonder, some other yet to be introduced character or space faring race or combination of less powerful heavy hitters.

They need to scrap this. It's pretty simple to me...

FF movie. Silver Surfer movie. Doom movie. X-Men movie.

Then the heroes are forced to team up with Doom to save Earth against the threat of Galactus.

Doom saves the day in the end when the heroes are defeated.

Yup I thought that the Kang version in Loki could not be more boring, time to side step this character and cut their losses. A Masters of Evil plot line or Olympus battle with Zeus would be great but they would have to bring back Cap and Thor to make this work. Even a Bronze Age classic Nefaria story arc (incorporate Wonder Man) would be awesome.