• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2022 Report or How My Feet Hurt
2 2

88 posts in this topic

Early Friday, the wife and some friends were meeting to get Hall H wristbands for a Saturday panel.  So this meant they had to wait on Friday for this (they rotated, so as not to spend all day in line).  The first pics show the action behind the convention center. I dropped her off with the friends and went into the convention center to attend the CGC panel.

The CGC Friday panel was OK, as they talked about the process for submitting books and Matt graded one modern book.  He explained what some of the defects were and gave the final grade.  On the Saturday panel, he graded some Golden Age and Silver Age books.  He also pointed out some restoration on one book.  It was quite interesting!  Before he gave out that final grade, the audience was invited to guess the final grade.  CGC tee shirts were given to the person who guessed correctly.

Pic 38.JPG

Pic 38a.JPG

Pic 40.JPG

Pic 39.JPG

Late Friday, I went outside to join my wife and friends who were in the Hall H line.  For those of you who do not know, Hall H holds about 7500 people.  So the convention staff started handing out wristbands at 9:15 PM.  The group did not get theirs until 12:30 AM Saturday!

My head hit the pillow at 1:30 AM and the alarm went off at 5 AM.  We had to get up early because everyone had to be in line no later than 7:30 AM.  

We met up with our friends, and I left my wife with them and I headed over to Cafe 222 for breakfast.  Vinny from Metro was two tables over and he looked just as sleepy as I felt.

I grabbed coffee and muffins for the "group", delivered them and waited with them for about an hour.  The second pic shows a fellow form England.  We met him the night before and chatted with him for a few minutes that morning.  My wife mentioned that he didn't get my American humor and he must have thought I was quite odd.  My wife was able to speak to him in a British accent, which amused him.  I guess watching Downton Abbey and all those PBS British programs helped.

pic 41.JPG

Pic 42.JPG