• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you list anything on CAF as historic...
1 1

108 posts in this topic

• Administrator

At this point, I am not going to remove any posts but, lay off from the name calling.  Weather the receiving party is right or wrong, there should be no responses that include name calling.  This is the second time I have seen this.  (1st was in the selling thread)  Next time, the result will be restrictions on your ability to post.

On 7/29/2022 at 7:38 AM, hmendryk said:

I guess it depends on what you mean by historic. Pocket Comics #4 (January 1942) by Joe Simon.

Pocket4.jpg

This is old but I don't think that it qualifies as "historic" - unless I'm missing something...

On 7/29/2022 at 8:10 PM, CGC Mike said:

At this point, I am not going to remove any posts but, lay off from the name calling.  Weather the receiving party is right or wrong, there should be no responses that include name calling.  This is the second time I have seen this.  (1st was in the selling thread)  Next time, the result will be restrictions on your ability to post.

👍👏

On 7/29/2022 at 8:10 PM, CGC Mike said:

You can’t fool me. I know that pup runs this show.

On 7/29/2022 at 7:22 PM, Deputy said:

I’m the CAF Member you’re publicly shaming.  In response to your disapproval and gatekeeping, I’ve taken most of the art to private.  Just letting you know as I’m apparently supposed to explain to you how I manage my CAF page.  Have a nice evening.

I definitely didn’t read this as shaming but rather an alternate way to prevent unwanted comments on posted art. I’m sorry you felt you needed to pull your art down. That is the real shame as sharing art is what brings our community together. I hope you reread the comment above with fresh perspective and reconsider posting. Regardless, thank you for previously sharing. It takes time and effort. 

Edited by Xatari

On 7/30/2022 at 4:23 AM, The Voord said:

How 'Race' probably sees himself:

OIP.jpg.4e674a7f46b55012a9cce385e575c58f.jpg

How others are likely to see him:

R.jpg.61a5c78134afb0ecb4d8a86ec061b648.jpg

Come on, you’re one of the most polite contributors here. Why pour gasoline on a fire? 

Race has written some unpleasant comments, but he has also written good ones. Rather than raise the ante, why not just call him on it and address the substance? His comment on what I gather was a DD page didn’t belong in the marketplace, but we regularly skewer prices in the flipping thread, as well as Los Bros. Frankly, I would like to see a lot more of that here so people can get a better understanding (where possible) of pricing. There are a few pages which came up recently for $1500 each, and which I think are worth less than half that. If someone doesn’t mind risk losing them to a different buyer, why not post and attack? Or what of dealers who are apparently trying to push the price point of their clients (or at least serving their client’s whims)? 

On 7/30/2022 at 12:02 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Come on, you’re one of the most polite contributors here. Why pour gasoline on a fire? 

Race has written some unpleasant comments, but he has also written good ones. Rather than raise the ante, why not just call him on it and address the substance? His comment on what I gather was a DD page didn’t belong in the marketplace, but we regularly skewer prices in the flipping thread, as well as Los Bros. Frankly, I would like to see a lot more of that here so people can get a better understanding (where possible) of pricing. There are a few pages which came up recently for $1500 each, and which I think are worth less than half that. If someone doesn’t mind risk losing them to a different buyer, why not post and attack? Or what of dealers who are apparently trying to push the price point of their clients (or at least serving their client’s whims)? 

I was thinking more about his personal attacks on Marcus Wai, the other stuff I can live with.

On 7/30/2022 at 10:16 AM, The Voord said:

I was thinking more about his personal attacks on Marcus Wai, the other stuff I can live with.

I’m always touchy about personal attacks. They do nothing but produce hard feelings while veering away from the subject at hand. 

But pricing? Too often treated as a third rail, except to act in wonder about the next highest bid for some piece. I’ve been staring at some pieces Kirby has listed for what must be 8 months at what is probably about 40% over market—where the market is soft. That’s too much of a spread to make a counteroffer, so they will sit there for years unsold. All very annoying.