• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help wanted in plain English - Getting 2000AD # 2 CGC graded -

5 posts in this topic

Hi I need some advice about how to get my comics graded.

I'm in the UK. I've no experience. I'm quite old so need things explained in step by step simple terms.

I would like to get my 2000AD comics slabbed, if that is the correct term for having them graded by CGC. 

I have very early issues from # 1 upwards and some of the have been signed.

I saw this and thought Id like to get mine graded too.

How do I do it from the UK?

Step by step please with any useful links or contacts would be helpful, Ideally from someone who has done similar from the UK or Europe in general or a CGC representative.

Thanks

2000ad cgc.png

• Administrator

Hello @Jonnie Sohcahtoa

Welcome to CGC! You can find some instructions to submit books to our UK office here: https://www.cgccomics.uk/submit/how-to-submit/ 

All of our customers must become members to be able to submit directly to our offices. After you become a member you will need to fill out a submission form on our site. If you need help filling this out for the first time you can contact our customer service team over the phone at 1 877 662 6642 to help walk you through your first submission. Next, you will need to package up your collectibles and send them to CGC. Our London office does allow for customers to come directly to their office to drop off packages rather than you having to ship them directly to our US office. You can contact them to set up an appointment using the information found here: https://www.cgccomics.uk/contact/

Lastly, you can find all of our Pricing and Turnaround times here: https://www.cgccomics.uk/submit/services-fees/cgc/

Let us know if you have any other questions!

I don't believe they can grade the second book pictured with the Space Spinner attached.  If all of the 2000 AD books have a gift item attached, I would not submit them for encapsulation.

On 7/30/2022 at 5:58 PM, Jonnie Sohcahtoa said:

Hi I need some advice about how to get my comics graded.

I'm in the UK. I've no experience. I'm quite old so need things explained in step by step simple terms.

I would like to get my 2000AD comics slabbed, if that is the correct term for having them graded by CGC. 

I have very early issues from # 1 upwards and some of the have been signed.

I saw this and thought Id like to get mine graded too.

How do I do it from the UK?

Step by step please with any useful links or contacts would be helpful, Ideally from someone who has done similar from the UK or Europe in general or a CGC representative.

Thanks

2000ad cgc.png

Hi 

I've found it easiest to actually take the comics down to the London office. You'll need to contact them and arrange an appointment. You will need to complete a UK form prior to submitting the comics and you'll need to do that on the UK website (www.cgccomics.uk). There is a category for magazines and you'll need to estimate the value of the comic/magazine. You can send them in by post, but I prefer to hand them over then I know at least that part of the process has gone smoothly. They check what you are leaving them against the form you've submitted (take a copy with you) and you get a signed receipt. Really simple and nice people to deal with.

I'm actually dropping my Prog 2 off for grading with them this Thursday!

Good luck