• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Cooling down . . .
1 1

104 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2022 at 1:34 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

The $9.2K sale for a 9.8 blue label with white pages?

that sale occurred in 2021 :gossip:

What month, and btw, the other items she/he bought would still be worth $9k or more  . . . unless they were served for dinner!   :roflmao:

On 11/26/2022 at 9:47 PM, divad said:

What month, and btw, the other items she/he bought would still be worth $9k or more  . . . unless they were served for dinner!   :roflmao:

I believe it was in December.

additionally, there would be very few, if any, Copper Age books purchased for 9.2K last year that would still be worth $9K or more today

I haven't owned one of these in a long time. Prices coming down make me think I'd pay $500 for a 9.4. Think we'll get there?

On 11/29/2022 at 11:01 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

A few more ended last night

image.thumb.png.16d0c2fa4cbab4176afb0e0f899a160e.png

Even a "rare" Stan Lee sig could not keep it above 7,651. My guess is in 6 months if same book put up for sale again will be lucky to legitimately get 6.5K.

On 11/29/2022 at 11:55 AM, F For Fake said:

I haven't owned one of these in a long time. Prices coming down make me think I'd pay $500 for a 9.4. Think we'll get there?

Possibly yes in the next 8 months.   9.4's and lower have least "protection" from greatly diminished demand.  Still this huge high census population book has defied logic in past. My recommendation is set a number you are willing to pay and it it sinks to that amount then buy. Timing the absolute bottom price IMHO is merely luck and seldom occurs for most.

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/29/2022 at 11:58 AM, MAR1979 said:

Even a "rare" Stan Lee sig could not keep it above 7,651. My guess is in 6 months if same book put up for sale again will be lucky to legitimately get 6.5K.

Possibly yes in the next 8 months.   9.4's and lower have least "protection" from greatly diminished demand.  Still this huge high census population book has defied logic in past. My recommendation is set a number you are willing to pay and it it sinks to that amount then buy. Timing the absolute bottom price IMHO is merely luck and seldom occurs for most.

Makes sense! It's not a book I have to have in my collection, but I've owned a few raws over the years, and feels like I should have a slab just for the heck of it. I'm not a big McFarlane guy, or a Venom guy, but this books is absolutely a big middle school nostalgia button for me. Can't see myself paying more than $500 for a nice copy, given how many are floating around out there, and a 9.4 is "good enough". Of course, that being said, I could also probably land a nice raw for that price at some point. Luckily I'm in no hurry!

On 11/29/2022 at 11:09 AM, F For Fake said:

Makes sense! It's not a book I have to have in my collection, but I've owned a few raws over the years, and feels like I should have a slab just for the heck of it. I'm not a big McFarlane guy, or a Venom guy, but this books is absolutely a big middle school nostalgia button for me. Can't see myself paying more than $500 for a nice copy, given how many are floating around out there, and a 9.4 is "good enough". Of course, that being said, I could also probably land a nice raw for that price at some point. Luckily I'm in no hurry!

Me trading a hulk 181 3.0 blue plus $325 difference in value, back in 2018-19 for a ASM cgc 9.8 direct, when they were $2000 and hulk was $1500...

Anyway it's all starting to coalesce and feel more like an even trade! Lol I guess I could have cashed out, but I really felt bad about it there for a while... Pfft $9000+?

My 

Wish I had waited a little longer before pulling the trigger on a 8.0. At the end of the day, happy to have it in my collection. Don't plan on selling it anyhow. This might provide an opportunity to get a higher grade at a reasonable cost and sell the other if the prices go back up.

On 12/17/2022 at 8:51 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Don’t look now, but The $3.6K Nov sale may have been the trough.

December sales trend show prices climbing strongly, with the most recent sale at $4.995K

Or market manipulation has not ceased - now ill it.  I'd expect funny games to continue, while they no longer will work as well as during the bubble there is still to be made via manipulation machinations

BTW: A CGC 9.8W deal at $3800 including shipping to Canada was apparently made on these boards yesterday. Victory was smart, no auction fees and the book will likley be testing $3200 threshold downwards in the next 1-3 months.

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/20/2022 at 7:00 PM, MAR1979 said:

Or market manipulation has not ceased - now ill it.  I'd expect funny games to continue, while they no longer will work as well as during the bubble there is still to be made via manipulation machinations

BTW: A CGC 9.8W deal at $3800 including shipping to Canada was apparently made on these boards yesterday. Victory was smart, no auction fees and the book will likley be testing $3200 threshold downwards in the next 1-3 months.

How do you know Roy made the sale, and that he accepted $3800????

On 12/20/2022 at 8:45 PM, MAR1979 said:

Seriously dude?; I wrote "apparently"

You linked to a WTB post where the OP is offering $3800, and Vintage said he has one coming back.   Not sure how that constitutes a data point worth referencing.  

Dude :insane:

On 12/20/2022 at 8:52 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You linked to a WTB post where the OP is offering $3800, and Vintage said he has one coming back.   Not sure how that constitutes a data point worth referencing.  

Dude :insane:

It reality it's probably as valid as many alleged auctions sales :)

I think the market has reached a new level of nutso when people are arguing over one single data point on the most commonly traded CGC book in certification history.

I'm even getting PMs trying to verify if it's a real sale. 

People, I think you all need to get a grip and step back a bit. 

On 12/21/2022 at 10:25 AM, VintageComics said:

I think the market has reached a new level of nutso when people are arguing over one single data point on the most commonly traded CGC book in certification history.

I'm even getting PMs trying to verify if it's a real sale. 

People, I think you all need to get a grip and step back a bit. 

232F7F25-4215-4CE1-8B9A-2A43DC0A283C.jpeg.d95295f5e6fb919abba1f126e656548c.jpeg